Your favourite Ambient artists and tunes

Emily Sprague On Moog One:

Modular bubblings from Cool Maritime:

These two should really hang out

6 Likes

Ben Chatwin
Album : The Hum

Thought Celer might be worth a mention here, you can certainly get lost in his stuff. Currently have 214 albums and counting…

I want to mention Anthony Child, this is the real name of the artist mostly known for his techno productions as Surgeon (that I don’t like, while I’m mostly techno listener), under this name he releases his ambient productions. Also he plays drone music with Daniel Bean as The Transcendence Orchestra. I was at the last one, a year ago at Traumabar Berlin, and it was pure shamanic experience, crowd was laying around them and diving deep inside. Best gig of last two years at least.

1 Like

Hammock, Phillip Wilkerson, Nobuto Suda, Good Weather for an Airstrike are 4 acts that spring to mind.

All of those get fairly heavy rotation on one of my fave stations for chilling, sleeping or working, though I have not tuned in much lately, highly recommend:
https://ambientsleepingpill.com/

2 Likes

great when flying.

2 Likes

This is fun…

2 Likes

Pulse Emitter - Longing ThresholdsSteve Roach - Structures from SilenceEmeralds - Solar Bridge LPIngram Marshall - Fog Tropes

These are all different flavors of ambient, and as has already been suggested above Stars of The Lid, Abul Mogard, Celer, Basinski, etc. There’s so much ambient music out there.

I wouldn’t tell anyone, but secretly I suspect artists with this many releases have figured out a particularly good generative algorithm :robot:

1 Like

Ok bro

2 Likes

Eno and Sakamoto successively, but I’d also add David Sylvian

Wandermüde by Stephan Matthieu and David Sylvian is up there for me.

3 Likes

Some Serious Shizzl ‘Plaster’

I couldn’t see a mention but could’ve missed, regardless, Christopher Willits: check out Horizon.

1 Like

A few 90’s classics that have been in heavy rotation in my player this year.

1 Like

Stars of the Lid: ‘Tired Sounds of…’, ‘and their refinement of the decline’: a couple of releases that dragged me back into making any music at all in the 2000s.

Also Biosphere’s ‘Autor de la Lune’ or anything by Ken Ikeda.

3 Likes