Your favourite Ambient artists and tunes

Already mentioned in this thread: Alessandro Cortini and Biosphere

Not mentioned before: Vatican Shadow and Muslimgauze

6 Likes

Some blatant self promotion:

4 Likes

Lots of good stuff here. Adding three more to the pile.

Taylor Deupree is always great - as is most things on his 12k label. This one is probably my favorite:

Yann Novak is great too. This one is slow, soothing and gorgeous:

And Tor Lundvall is very lovely too:

Not sure I’d put Vatican Shadow in the ambient genre. I think Dominic Ferno’s other project :

might fit better.

my MAN. been listening to a lot of stars lately, tired sounds is still probably my favorite album, followed by the ballasted orchestra. the first track of music for nitrous oxide is my latest obsession. deaf center is probably goat for me though, first time listening to pale ravine yeeaarrs ago absolutely blew me away. similarly, listening to levende first time this year, absolutely obliterated me. listening to vintage well on vinyl also… i have such memorable moments listening to deaf center. gonna check out the rest of your recs!

additional recs to the thread: space by the klf/jimmy cauty & this is not what space is about are superb

2 Likes
8 Likes

(Might be a wee bit spiritual for some of you lot but the album helped get me through a pretty rough patch a while back)

2 Likes

+1 on RSE.

This one feels like Roach (Steve) channeling Rich (Robert) -

1 Like
2 Likes

Made my own first Ambient album on Bandcamp. It’s a selection out of many sounds and drones that I produced over the pasts months for my own meditation, while the ones released work best for me to relax or listen to while focusing on something else. 25 min. each as per Zen recommendation (except of the breaks of course) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always like Kid606’s ambient tracks

Lots of great listening here. A lot of stuff I’ve not heard before.
I really like R Beny’s music when I’m in a melancholic mood. His Electribe ambient series was amazing.

This is an old favourite too.

1 Like

A bit borderline to be considered ambient, but some of the Deepchord releases and also some of Dopplereffekt are wonderful to my ears.

This dude dwnstate is super sick. He does crazy experiments and has a tape label. Check him out!

Yes! Dungeoneering is my fav track of all time pretty much

1 Like