Your favourite Ambient artists and tunes

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

I found this youtube channel to be pretty inspiring:

Maybe he is a member here, someone knows ?

3 Likes

I made a post about some readings almost all about ambient artists… a lot of good music discovers and really interesting people and workflows…
Here in case of some interest:

Hah twice in one list. I really like his / their / its stuff (damn pronouns). This was posted a while back:

3 Likes

Here are three ambient favorites of mine from bandcamp.

It’s our dear @boboter ^^
Check his label Seil records, there are lots of ambient gems!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I (Jogging House) am indeed a member here. Very glad you enjoy my tunes. I actually just released a new free album at my non-label bandcamp page called ‘Chants’. There is also a thread about it somewhere here.

10 Likes

I get my ambient fix at astranglyisolatedplace. They feature many songs and artist mixes. Worth having a look on their soundcloud page.
Enjoy.

1 Like

So much love this one:

13 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

Seconding ASIP. They curate an ambient radio station in collaboration with a bunch of other ambient labels, and it’s an excellent choice to avoid the significant stress of trying to pick an album

NTS also have some excellent ambient shows. ‘Sounds of the Dawn’ is one of my faves, tho it’s heavily new age so not to everyone’s tastes. They also have 24/7 mixes (the ‘infinite mixtapes’ tab on their site) and Slow Focus is a collation of various of their ambient shows

I’m currently in love with the label Astral Industries’ catalog

https://astralindustries.bandcamp.com/

Biosphere does excellent stuff

Oneohtrix Point Never’s R Plus Seven is astounding, though it might be a bit too engaged to properly count as ambient

5 Likes
6 Likes

Ambient made on guitar - that doesn’t sound like guitar, from my own musical partner for the past two decades, Har:

Pretty much anything from Steve Roach does it for me, from his slow, deep ambient stuff to his modular sequencery. I love the guy:

Classic space music from Kevin Braheny:

Another cosmic classic, this one from Michael Stearns:

4 Likes
12 Likes

I remember being blown away the first time I heard disintegration loops

On the darker side…

4 Likes

Ali Khan/Yoyu from here in Winnipeg has some lovely, lovely pieces:

Just a wonderful human too :slight_smile:

1 Like