Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Is it your jam? Very cool customized digitakt also

No not at all, i wish :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A brief jam on the Digitakt, taking a break to compare it to the DrumLogue which I’m currently exploring -

4 Likes

I wanted to experiment more with resampling and the new machines and I also had some interesting AI generated samples.
All Digitakt except for track 4 where theres a bit of Syntakt (two hats!) and a bit of Pulsar-23:

4 Likes

Not really “productions” but I wanted to dig up these examples back when I borrowed a digitakt. All standalone and pretty much from the same tweaking sesh. Just iterations on the same noise. From memory, its just one sample of a CR-78 playing a cheesy samba beat. I just plock different parts. Also 300bpm with flangey delay shit going on.

@Jeanne I didn’t want to comment on the other thread but I saw you mention the lack of distortion on DT. I agree there could be more, but back when I first used the unit, the first thing I wanted to do is see how far I could push it into dirty territory.

The only real answer I found was smashing the compressor to dust. Not the best but it is usable flavor, at least for my tastes. :smiley:

(Some loud, shitty sounds, warning)

12 Likes

Those sound awesome! First one and last one are my favourites! Unfortunately there’s some kind of bug that when you do that and have Main Volume to the max, digital clicks occur. At version 1.50 that was still the case. This was my honeymoon: The Digitakt Wonder: appreciation thread - #184 by Jeanne & The Digitakt Wonder: appreciation thread - #192 by Jeanne :wink:

2 Likes

Ah ok so you definitely found the dirt. Good stuff in these!

And thanks. I don’t spend a lot of time in this realm but I do like to know how far my boxes can go.

2 Likes

My vote for more and an album :nyan:

2 Likes

I doubt this will appeal to too many people on this list (or elsewhere tbh) but I just released 22 track, 7 volume digital album made completely with the Digitakt.

Here’s the first portion of the liner notes (later it goes a little more into how the work was made):

"ONYX was composed during and shortly after the recent UK lockdown (February – April 2020). It reflects several preoccupations that I’ve had since first beginning composition, most notably the use of similar or identical material displaced over time to create different textures and emerging patterns. It also explores the use of a repeating pulse which has been mostly absent in my work prior to this. The aesthetic of the work is dark, brooding, claustrophobic and unrelenting. Although I hadn’t intended it to reflect my feelings about the current state of the world I have no doubt that it does in many ways.

ALSO, THE WORK IS LOUD - TAKE CARE OF YOUR VOLUME LEVEL!"

This is the longest volume of the release:

2 Likes

I was messing around with a drum resampling technique that I saw in an Ivar Tryti video and I liked the results. My drums have been always a bit one-dimensional and feel like this was a real improvement for me.

Here’s my first shot at a youtube video.

here’s it is on soundcloud as well.

Made with just the digitakt.

12 Likes

oh man, this is really beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you @acid.c0wb0y! So glad you enjoyed!

Yeah, this is great. I love the mix of acoustic and synthetic sounds.

1 Like

Thanks brother, I appreciate it!

My last beat on the DT only, I fliped a Russian folk sample on a reggae/hiphop beat.

5 Likes

heavy duty!

1 Like
5 Likes

hello, my last ep xylitol is all made only on digitakt. one exception is aeao, where the arpeggio and percs are created with syntakt. take care))

9 Likes

I made this one on the DT today. The bass is a moog minitaur sequenced by the DT and pluged in the input so it can go to the master compressor.

6 Likes

I don’t want to start « a new sampler in the digi format is coming » but I just noticed that the Digitakt isn’t sold anymore on Thomann.

1 Like