Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Yeah 2024 is the year that I’m releasing something for my new project.
I been putting out records with bands for a long time but this is my first “own” release in about 20 years.
I’m aming at releasing start February and try to do some sort of campaign with supporting videos and what ever instagram snuff requests these days…

I’m starting low key on this project and hope to build it up so that I can get back to do live shows.
It’s only digital this time but maybe a limited cassette if things get out of hand.

Is Bandcamp really “officially” releasing something? I definitely thought it was just Soundcloud with a donate button. Maybe I’m fundamentally misunderstanding what it is.

That being said, folks can not listen to my tracks on Bandcamp just as easily as they don’t listen on SC. I finish about a track a month. By the end of the year, I typically have 3-4 that I’m pretty proud of. Maybe it’s worth gathering the “good” ones (quotes are doing a lot of heavy lifting) into a BC release. You know, for my fans…

2 Likes

Theres a market for everything. There’s no reason why you couldn’t make a release of your good(notice the absence of quotes) tracks on Bandcamp.

I try to keep up with official releases of my fellow elektronauts and I try to make a point of purchasing any of their good releases with what aligns with my personal definition of good

2 Likes

Incredible! Is there a thread with elektronauts’ releases? Genuine ask. Or is it kinda all over the forum.

1 Like

Also reporting in.

I’m just a bit scared to put my stuff out there even though I do make tracks that I am very proud of.

Its time to get to work and send some tracks to different labels this year. I also want to finish 10 tracks this quarter to keep my output going and prevent falling into perfectionism.

2 Likes

Official releases scattered across the forum.

Best result would be to go to

For last years releases, and then you can work backwards to 2022 from that same thread.

If you want some of my personal favorites from our fellow 'nauts I invite you to message me and ill give you a whole slew of bandcamp links

2 Likes

Last year my ny resolution was to “do music” every day. Widest possible net. Picking up the guitar, yt videos, listening to old DT tracks, going to concerts/festivals; anything music related.

It really hard wired my brain. Now it’s like 35% of my brain real estate.

I ended up putting up one song I was proud of on Soundcloud. Got some really cool feedback from friends.

This year the goal is to put out an EP. Gonna frankenstein a bunch of weird sketches on some PC Music/Thy Slaughter bullshit

I also put my name on the no new gear thread. Had to unsub Loopop and Cuckoo and mentally block the Other Gear threads lol

Creeped this forum since I grabbed a DT back in 2020. Also pushing myself to be more engaged rather than a lurker.

Anyway, appreciate all you regulars. s/o my fellow lurkers.

2 Likes

I entered a couple of the hip hop battles last year. They are great for checking out nauts productions. Some really impressive beat makers in here

1 Like

A couple of new ones and some that have been kicking around for a while, hence the title.

3 Likes

Same as last year! NOOOOOO thank you! :wink::hugs:

Hey hey! Glad some work is getting out there!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 Likes

Thanks very much, dude. :hugs:

1 Like

Released my first EP last August. Started to work on the second one and want to release it this year. There’s also two tracks that will form a different EP that I‘d like to finish this year, but it’s a bit more complicated, so this has to wait a bit.

There’s also material from my duo that we wanted to work out, but my partner unfortunately has to take care of more important stuff right now. Would love to see us get back to this. And then there’s another band-like constellation that could produce material.

So without putting too much pressure on myself: this should be quite a productive year. Although it always takes more time than I think to „finish“ music.

1 Like

The electronic thing is done, but it’s gonna take some time before it gets out in the wild. Some art and a/v things missing, but yeah. I’ll probably drop a dub thing come summer as I got sidetracked a bit last weekend. Feels good.

2 Likes

Hey bro, we’re bros right? We’ve been in each other’s pocket, right?

Can you msg me a sneak preview of this upcoming release? Surely, if you’re like me, you’ve got your private soundcloud playlist of the upcoming release?

Can a brother get an exclusive sneak peak at that treasure? Summer is a long way away bro :cry:

1 Like

Hey, sorry, I don’t have anything online anymore outside of what’s on BC / Streaming services. In future I am going to look into a few different options for sharing some edits/variations for those interested.

1 Like

Never a mistake!

I’m in. I’ve certainly spent enough on gear in 2023 that I should make some use of it!

2 Likes

I’m also in. I played a live set in 2023, which was a big step outside of my comfort zone, and it went well! New goal for 2024 is to have a finished ep by year’s end.

1 Like

Hi all,

I was in a band that was doing ok but was ended by the pandemic. Since then I’ve been making techno on my own. I think it’s time I put some of it online, so here it is.

Cheers.

5 Likes