Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

Thanks a lot!
I’ll also put up CDs four sale on Bandcamp soon :slight_smile:
…even though about nobody listens to CDs anymore. But I really wanted to make some physical copies too.
Btw, it’s also up on Spotify (and AppleMusic and more) by now:

5 Likes

From my last live performance on Youtube

The very lonely thread about it :sweat_smile:

Will certainly include it in my album (still working on it ha)

4 Likes

Just plopped out another one. Got sick of waiting for all the various plans I had to come together which were/are being hindered by various personal problems and just decided to put this out so i can move on and start something else. I’m not good at tinkering with things after they’re done and generally feel that if there is any magic in a performance there isn’t much that should be changed anyway apart from a bit of EQing and removal of the shit parts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Got a copy off Spotify? I think I closed my account.

1 Like

Yes here:

2 Likes

Hello!
I confess I had absolutely not committed to releasing this year the same way like all the many other years of doodling around at home before. Well now, as probably mentioned elsewhere (yummy codes!), it’s done. Twice.

And there will be more. If I find the time. Or the right piece of gear that’s always missing. Somehow.

But wait… first there’s summer, and … :thinking:

7 Likes

Made this looping bass,guitar,synth with the OT (Youtube perf)

I thought this would not fit the other songs of my album but well, I changed my mind : )

PS: Realized I forgot to get rid of the OT stop button smashing sound ha…

8 Likes

So far this year I’ve released these:

Plus these two that I think of more as demos:

9 Likes

great stuff

1 Like

Hi! I just released a second album for string quartet and electronics

label: Next Festival Records

“Three years after the release of Black Angels Songs, Miroslav Tóth together with Dystopic Requiem Quartet comes with an album inspired by non-places, i.e. buildings that were either unfinished or abandoned. Recordings were made in the unfinished Zwentendorf nuclear power plant in Austria, the Westfield - Chodov shopping center in Prague, the disused Josef mine near Chotilsko, the dilapidated Machnáč health resort in Trenčianske Teplice or the unfinished D1/D4 junction near Ivanka near the Danube.”

9 Likes

Wow! Sounds absolutely intense! Will give it a proper listen on headphones later tonight. Really interesting concept also, including the places you recorded the album in. Purchased!

Also bought the new album from @Karhide! Great stuff!

4 Likes

I am going to BEND the rules and put my own spin: I would like to commit in 2023 simply to developing better habits, which includes regular practice, following my workflow including also releasing demos/sketches to get feedback then releasing. So I am not committing specifically to release something but rather committing to the practice/craft this year.

5 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’ve also just gathered together a bunch of old tracks into an album :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @korpinen :grinning:

2 Likes

3 Likes

After posting in the 2022 thread and failing miserably, I’m back in 2023 after having spent the day in the studio recording an EP with my band yesterday.

This will not be the typical music for Elektronauts, but we should shortly have a Heavy Glam Rock EP ready for release. We’re a three piece (guitar/vox, synth and drums) and my Digitone is a key presence on every track. Will post again when it’s ready!

4 Likes

Goal achieved:) First live gig I ever did for an audience, and it really exceeded all my expectations.

Don’t have a recording yet, but we made one and will probably post it online once we’ve done some basic mastering to it. Here’s a short Instagram snippet, sorry I can’t embed it here but check it out if you like!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuaR4Dpuvuj/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

2 Likes

Happy to report I’m failing pretty miserably at this commitment. Half a year in, zero released music. I am pretty much making music every day though, so I’m actually pretty pleased. I just have nothing to show for it. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I might ask the question what is ”a finished track” anyway? Three of the four ”albums” I’ve released in the last couple of years have been tracks that I’ve earlier posted in the current sounds thread, i.e. live takes of ideas I’ve spent maybe an hour playing with before hitting rec. Of course a finished track can be more polished/ambitious/whatever than that but IMO it doesn’t have to be.

4 Likes