Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

very impressive :milky_way: really emotional :flying_saucer:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

An update

Part one of this is in the books and up on my youtube and bandcamp. I decided to put it together on one pattern chain. I really like how it came out.

11 Likes

Just bought a Deluge again after selling it a year ago. Iā€™ve already recorded 2 tracks and will most definitely be releasing a full album this year if the pace keeps up. Here are the two tracks Iā€™ve got so far. idk what genre this is, some form of synth pop i guess.

3 Likes

Just released a 3 track EP on Bandcamp-inspired by this thread and by my Jamuary endeavours. Itā€™s my first release!

All the tracks are raw, live and unmastered . My desire was to see how far I could take my current set up and improvisational ability without going ā€˜in the boxā€™. The tracks are all techno flavoured but I plan to follow this up with a partner ambient EP using the same set up and approach.

7 Likes

Fullfilled my first commitment ! Onto the next ! :sweat_smile:

See thread below to grab free codes if you are interested !

4 Likes

Decided to release this jam on bandcamp (and all streaming platforms)

My voice is kinda lost but Plaits chord model was better than my vocal performance anyway!

6 Likes

Good on you all, well done and all that, but if youā€™re posting before November did you even need this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

done and done.

4 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

Thank you!

Having old jams/songs on your drive and releasing them ā€œofficiallyā€ are 2 very different things.

Sometimes you need to find the thread that will allow you to unravel all the threads hiding your true potential.

This thread is such a thread ; )

2 Likes

Hey, if your hard drive is full of the above, keep em coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgot to post in this thread earlier, but I put out my first release of the year!

Hopefully just the first of many this year :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Part 2 of my EP based on my Jamuary 2022 releasesā€¦ and my second release of the year (and in fact ever!!)

All the tracks are recorded on the same equipment - Akai Force, Roland TR8S and Korg Minilogue.

I wanted to try out some totally different styles with the same gear/process - Part 1 was 3 techno tracks, this part (Part 2) uses the same set up but focuses on ambient music.

5 Likes

I put together my first release for the year! This collection of tracks is a live set I was working on for this winter. The shows I had lined up got cancelled cause of covid so I decided to make it into a performance tape/ EP.

3 Likes

First mission complete :slight_smile: Hope some of you can have a listen :slight_smile: Cheers!

11 Likes

I would love to ā€œreleaseā€ something in 2022. I have no idea HOW. Like, what counts as released? More than Current Sounds, right?

Now iā€™m thining ā€œEPā€ as in, not many songs. Soā€¦

• pick my N favourite/ā€œbestā€ noodles,
  • ā€œfinishā€ them (whatever that means??)
  • And then something something bandcamp?

Some 'nauts are quite prolific in releasing EPs and Albums on bandcamp, so they must have a process for how to go from noodle->ep. I have the threee steps aboveā€¦but OK. I want to release an EP in 2022, ideally, first half

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to define ā€œfinishedā€ for yourself first.
After that Iā€™d say release one finished song. Then evaluate the process, then maybe try to release EP.

From what you wrote that seems like route that could fit for you

5 Likes

Agreed. And like @loopdude wrote, you can decide what ā€finishedā€ means for you. Personally, Iā€™ve shared anything from sound design-y snippets (so quite literally just sounds) to clips of what have ended up being deemed finished tracks (these have been single live takes) and later released on Bandcamp.

To me, what ā€finishedā€ is varies from project to project. (Or, itā€™s finished once itā€™s released.)

2 Likes