You can have 1 FX box only, what would it be?

If we are talking ITB?
Totally different ballgame. Where do you start?
So many amazing plugins

The RMX is 300 € on 2nd hand, and it sounds decent:

No need to waste it on modular. (Ok it might be fun …)

Sorry vid is in german, but the demonstration speaks for itself - just skip the talking.

I see somebody already suggested a workstation, which is what I was thinking due to the flexibility of the FX structure.

So in that vein I can highly recommend the Korg M3-M. Used to use mine as an FX unit during mix-downs. Much cheaper than a Kronos, but still sounds damned good (better than a Triton). You also get a bonus synth with multiple outs to pair with the OT sequencer - which will give you a whole new range of fabulous sounds.

Otherwise I’d say one of the bigger eventide boxes.

Sorry mate but sounding ‘decent’ maybe a stretch
That thing is a cool toy to muck around with when djing but wouldn’t want my gear running thru that in a studio environment.

Ok, but its a nice budget option. If its for studio use only - i would do as suggested and map midi to VST FX, that is probably the most effective option.

Cool just checking stereo functionality as OP seems to need stereo processing from what I can gather by his gear list.
Yeah Nord micro pretty cool effects box. Mine even better cost me $95 crazy

Line 6 m9 multi effect, it’s a stomp box modeller, 3 effects at the same time, so so for distortion type effects , good for everything else!

1 Like

I like your style man. Keep it weird
Too much boring shit out there

1 Like

Always wondered how a Fractal Axe FX processor would sound with synths?

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-fx-ii-preamp-fx-processor.php

Nearly bought one a while back to use in my studio but to process synths, drum machines etc. not a guitar in sight.
Obviously designed predominantly as a guitar fx unit and only ever heard great things regarding the algorithms, again mainly from guitarists though.
Still, heard it thrown around that it can compete with the big Eventides, and no doubt is incredibly powerful in its own right.
Could be cool with synths, heaps of I/O including stereo inputs, really diverse multi simultaneous fx and the editor looks great. Its modular effects arranging looks really good. Even has Lfos, envelope followers, sequencers etc. pretty crazy stuff
Anyone got one and used on anything apart from a guitar?

Once i bought Pioneer rmx1000
Dont buy that thing.

So much choice - thanks guys. Coming from a dj background I grew weary of Pioneer sound… think sounds too digital but maybe the newer gen sounds better…

Am leaning towards and H9 Max… or one of its larger brothers and feeding it to the master outs - surely cant really go wrong?

Now… a Sherman filterbank may also add some character to the mix hahah

Maybe this is a mixing preference but are Masters usually put through FX? I had always considered FX - of the delay, reverb, mod sort - an insert/send thing.

In my opinion a master might be better treated with a saturator/compressor/eq type deal, such as Overstayer boxes. And of course the AH and Sherman and Karacter and what have you. (I guess the H9 Max has new some algorithms up this alley.)

Elektron dropped the ball with the AH IMHO in this area. If it just had a few digital FX it’d be a no brainer for multi fx duties purchase. They could have thrown OT spring reverb and lofi/bitcrusher + AK reverb/chorus/delay, charged another £100 and boom… Half the people on the fence or viewing it only as a ‘luxury’ item would have been a lot more swayed…

Edit - and would have been a lot of fun for sound design etc. Could have stuff like crazy distortion sweeping in on reverb trails or alternating distortion on delays etc etc…

4 Likes

Oftopic : I wonder why spending like 5600$ for a Serge Soup?
Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice setup but there’s little imho what can’t be done for less money.
It isn’t higher science or is it?

i would choose the ensoniq dp4

2 Likes

In stock :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have an AR10. Such a fabulous thing. So lush.

H9 Max is great value. I have a Max and a H9 Core
Only one effect at a time though, apart from a few multi algorithms.
Beauty of Max is if you need more processing power you can buy the basic H9 Core to double the horsepower, and when used in same system as Max it inherits all the Max algorithms also.
Really good computer/iPad editor also

I dunno how I could not say the RE-201

(General thread title response, ie if you could have only 1 effect)

1 Like

Yeah if AH could have somehow squeezed lofi/bitcrusher in I would definitely have bought it and sold my OTO Biscuit.
As it stands it’s still a hard sell, especially considering I have the biscuit.
Biscuit is a filthy beast, best lofi I ever heard, but being 8 bit it can’t get anywhere near the more subtle territory as the Heat

1 Like