Yamaha SEQTRAK

The resampling is done directly to a sampler track, it’s immediate. The sample will stay on your device as part of the project. You can also save it and add tags to it using the app.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome :grin:

Fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

nevermind, starting a new thread for the question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah man!! Your message refreshed before I could finish reading it :frowning_face:

1 Like

Oh sorry! Thanks for taking the time!

New thread is here–

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Kind of finding that I enjoy the workflow on Seqtrak, there is a lot to like once you settle into it, and I like that it takes me down different paths to my usual ones.

5 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Hi. I copied your steps and it worked like you said it did. However when I switch the Seqtrak off and on again I have to go through the entire process again I.e setting up the wifi via client mode before being able to connect to Bluetooth again. Did you have the same problem?

yes i did, and it’s annoying! exactly that.

It is now intermittently connecting to Bluetooth on my iPhone but only when the Mac is switched off. The other issue I have is the visualizer crashes the app every time

that’s interesting, i’ll try turning my laptop off as well and report back. didn’t experience any problems with the visualiser but to be honest i only spent a couple of minutes with it and decided i wasn’t interested in it

Another week where i had no time except 15 minutes.

It definitely demands learning.

Maybe because if that im still unsure about the workflow.
I did not expect to be limited that much by it, but the small amount of patterns and projects and that a sound is fixed per project means im immediately at the limit and don’t want to experiment much since i cant just copy the patteren as with the model cycles.
I did not manage to create dirty sounds, but chill(low to mid tempo stuff seems to come fast.

1 Like

Trying to learn this machine a few minutes at a time and create something worthwhile will be challenging. The workflow definitely takes some getting used to. Also, you can copy synth patterns between synths, sample patterns between samples and drum patterns between drum tracks but you currently can’t double patterns.

I meant can’t just copy in the sense that I’m rather fast hitting the limit of free patterns.

With the volcas it’s basic enough that the 8 slots felt fine. With the model cycles I have 99 projects with 96 patterns. If I want to try something that uses a different sound with different parameters, I switch patterns. I copy that, and try something completely different.

Here, I have 16 places for different synth sounds with 6 patterns each. So total space for different synth sounds is just as 1 project in model cycles.

Maybe I should look more into backing up projects, hope that’s as easy and fast as I hope

I agree with you. They should increase the amount of patterns. I hope they do: I think 8 or 16 would be great. They should also increase the amount of projects you can have on the device. It’s currently 8 but I think it should at least be 16.

Yeah, it’s easy. You do it through the app. You can also do it wirelessly if you’re connected via wifi.

This is a little random but I’m really enjoying the Auto Off feature. You can set it for 5min, 30min etc… and the device will automatically save your current project and shut down.

I currently have mine set for 5 minutes and I find myself just letting it turn itself off when I finish working. I like it.

Isn’t dis kind of a default feature of grooveboxes by now?