Yamaha SEQTRAK

The manual says you can copy and paste patterns but it doesn’t say anything about copying samples. However, I’m sure your idea would work by reloading the same sample and trimming instead of copying it.

Yeah. But the duplicate workflow is a bit faster. You duplicate and move the start and end incrementally.

1 Like

Sounds good. What about zero crossings though?

I’m not expecting this to have that. This is a workflow I use on Maschine or MPC

Seqtrak is to op-z, as…

IMG_1565

4 Likes

Seeing that param lock and motion recording are the same …does it smoothly interpolate between steps or does it jump?

And heck, there is no loop mode for the samples. I mean they clearly state one shots, but still …

Size comparison

17 Likes

Thx. Looks not just waaaay bigger, but also way chunkier then the opz. Not a comparison.

While it can do much more then the t8, that one not to be ignored I guess :smiley:

Oh, and how annoying is the 2 second press for advanced options? All of them are basic, I want to be able to disable those 2 sec in the app. Maybe Lett me rearrange the menus? Man I’m asking for to much it seems.

I think it looks like a nice piece of kit. Better layout/workflow than an Sp404. Tho the two would be a great portable-ish pairing for endless reasons.

My issue with these systems is when you get a song ready for your DAW, there is no quick way of stemming out each track. Deluge was the biggest trap for me as it can do so much accept allow you to track out to a DAW. This is where the MPCs, Push and S2400 rule.

Now let’s be honest. The OPZ is tiny. I remember when I got my first one.

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t realize it was that small!

I am mainly interested in the visualizer

It i plug the Octatrack into the aux in of the Seqtrak and i midi sync OT and Seqtrak, will the visualizer get audio and video syncronozed from both sources, OT and Seqtrak or just from the Seqtrak?

Aux in?

The app reacts to the midi coming from the seqtrak.
If it’s receiving midi from the OT maybe that it’s sent through to the app.

Or maybe the app doesn’t check from where midi is coming, then the app and just a midi controller could work. Let me test it… Ok, can’t find the right cable at the moment, will test if the app works with model cycles tomorrow.

1 Like

I thought the visuaizer was responding also to incoming audio via the audio in of the seqtrak

It looks like it responds to midi only

Yes midi only, still it would be easy enough to create stuff in time with an external source synced to the Seqtrak.

I had about another hour of playing/experimenting, you can record the audio from Seqtrak as well as the visuals and save it as a mp4 file.

Build quality aside (bit flimsy, buttons not great etc) I think it is a great package overall, and I think people will do great stuff with it. It is rather unlike any other groovebox with the tightly integrated app and visuals, and the depth to which you can customise it seems, at the moment, quite a lot. I daresay that I will find some annoyances and weird decisions after more use, but I think once I load it up with my own samples, and get a bit deeper editing it has sufficient scope to make a very personalised instrument. In some ways it reminds me of a hybrid between the OP-Z and Octatrack, even though it isn’t that much like either of them conceptually or in operation, obvious stuff aside.

I think it can be used on a surface scratcher level, or on a deeper level, I still have tons to explore.

8 Likes

I’d love to see them hook you up with one so we can hear if it can snarl and scream like we all want it to.

2 Likes

+1.

someone record it being slammed to within an inch of its life there :slight_smile:

Just preordered mine. Gonna use it on the toilet!

3 Likes

:poop::+1:

4 Likes

Hmm…

1 Like