Yamaha SEQTRAK

What I noticed is sometimes the order you connect can help, if I had a power source connected to hub before the Launchpad the LP would not start.

2 Likes

Sometimes a cold start helps when connecting new USB devices or connecting them when the power is off.

1 Like

Together with the MIDI adapter this became a clunky amount of f*cking dongles

I agree. I only used the MIDI adapter to see if it worked. I try to use MIDI over USB whenever possible. However, I do like having the option of using 5-pin MIDI as well.

1 Like

One thing that is a bit of a downer is that wanting to use a USB midi controller while tethered to tablet seems not to want to work so far. I’d be interested to know if you guys have any luck here - why it is useful is for recording the audio with the visuals and using the midi controller for CCs during performance.

I tried with the hub connected to Seqtrak and to the tablet, but so far no luck.

Didn’t someone once ask for a quick reference sheet? Well, here is one …

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-04 um 13.24.34

Seqtrak Quick Reference.pdf (741.4 KB)

7 Likes

I just tried it. It will work if you use a powered USB hub. I think having the iPad and a controller connected might pull too much power. I currently have a controller keyboard and iPad connected to the Seqtrak using a little hub. It didn’t work until I connected the hub to a small powerbank and then everything worked as expected with the visualizer and MIDI control.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CL8SP3X7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It should work for your hub if you connect power to the PD IN port.

Anyone explored the Ducker much? Does it work like standard side chaining?

Yeah. It works well and there are different settings accessible from the hardware. You can go deeper using the app and change the compressor types.

As far as I’m aware, the only downside is that currently, the ducker only uses the kick as the sidechain input.

1 Like

I’d be curious to learn a bit more about the ducker and compressor versions. Not much documentations there. And comps are still a bit of a dark science for me…

1 Like

Great, thanks.

I see in the manual that to resample we have to choose “resample” as the input source. But do we also get to choose the destination as to where the resample is saved, ie, can we choose to resample directly to a sampler slot, or is it automatically saved as a file that we then need to load into the sample slot? Just wondering where my sidechained resamples will live.

1 Like

There’s information about the different compressors on the Seqtrak data sheet.

1 Like

The resampling is done directly to a sampler track, it’s immediate. The sample will stay on your device as part of the project. You can also save it and add tags to it using the app.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome :grin:

Fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

nevermind, starting a new thread for the question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah man!! Your message refreshed before I could finish reading it :frowning_face:

1 Like