Yall ever heard of the OmniChord?

I struggled with theory until I started using a MIDI piano roll, and then all the bits I had half-understood came together quite quickly.

I find it easier to learn with visual input as a rule so YMMV, but being able to see how intervals relate, and just stacking the notes of a scale vertically and then pulling the chords out horizontally made things much easier for me, and before long I was writing as fluidly as I was on guitar, and soon after I was doing much more complex compositions than I ever thought I’d be capable of.

Regardless of how you choose to proceed, just keep at it, read as much as possible even if it’s more advanced than you think you’re able to grok, you’ll pick up little things here and there that’ll work their way into your practice. And have fun!

3 Likes

Had one years ago, not worth the price they are going for now

1 Like

The new Omnichord the OM-108 will be shown and launched at Winter NAMM on January 25th. It will be a fraction smaller, with a few new things, like an added chord, new sounds, and new patterns, but otherwise pretty similar.

More info.

No price yet.

2 Likes

Musicians who have used the Omnichord include : David Bowie, Brian Eno, and Joni Mitchell.

Source

ok, Meme time:

Me: Mom, Can we have Omnichord?
ElektroMom:No, we have Omnichord at home.
Omnichord at home:

Me: Thank You Mom. This is the most brutal, flexible and sexy Chord Machine ever created. What? it also has 6 tracks?..WhAt? All tracks can be Chord Machines!??.. This is the best day ever. LOVE YOU MOM!!!

1 Like

that’s the most depressing (for the modelcycles I mean) implementation of an unformatted meme I’ve ever read. how about this instead

8 Likes

meh…

I will allow it this time.

2 Likes

want it to be:

150 dollars/pounds

will be:

500 dollars/pounds

2 Likes

try $800…

1 Like

Was it Phoebe Bridgers?

1 Like

lol, the ad does not mention the drum machine section

$800?

2 Likes

I love the demo so much. I knew it was Let It Be, but I didn’t expect him to sing! Then he goes right into dropping beats without a breath! I really liked his earnest enthusiasm.

Omnichords are still sought after by people who just want to have a nice old fashioned sing-along so I think this captures the spirit of that really well.

5 Likes

Yeah, they definitely got the right guy for the demo job, what a legend!

800 freaking dollars?! Don’t even worry about it. I’ve been in the theory books ever since I started this thread, so I guess omnichord indirectly helped me out a lot with learning chords and stuff.

4 Likes

charlie hustle.

Official OM-108 site

According to this article, the “analogue circuits” mentioned above mean the sounds are square waves produced by digital chips then run through a (presumably analog) VCA

KRM Music Systems - Omnichord Power Burnout.

Bunch of videos uploaded yesterday. Too many to post them individually so just go to the channel

https://www.youtube.com/@suzuki_music/videos

Ok, here’s one - comparing the OM-108 drum kit to the OM-84 kit