Xone 96 Mixer

There are some workarounds, but don’t forget about this part:

Yes, that’s correct… I have certain instruments that I don’t really need eq on, that are quite self-contained (I’m thinking of the Deepmind, or Digitone), and the C and D return channels are fine for these.

So far with the Xone 96 I haven’t come across any gear situations where I can’t work with it and get great sounding results.

2 Likes

I got mk3 ultralite.

I use 8 outs for 4 decks of traktor. Another output to clock an ERM multiclock from audio pulse via Ableton(so I can sync hardware). Ive also experimented with feeding my fx sends from xone96 to the line ins on traktor to use its fx.

It all really depends on what your trying to do how you route stuff. It may work for some setups and not for others.

Yeh thats how I use it. 6 full channels plus 2 fx send/returns(using c n d)

so you can also route the fx sends to C&D? (so that you can put 2 synths on A & B and use the EQ?)

Yeh thats what I do… I have AR and A4 on A and B. They are just line inputs.

Then got my 2 kaoss pads on fx 1/2 returning on C n D.

1 Like

This is what ive done when I use them. easier to ride a send and a volume knob for effects
save the eq adn faders for real instruments

1 Like

cool, how do you select where send 1 & send 2 go to? (a/b or c/d)? can’t find that in the manual

very cool setup!

i’m starting to be more and more convinced about the xone 96, it basically has everything I need.

Too bad it doesnt come in black haha!

I still prefer the looks of the model 1, and I wonder which one sounds better.
Also I’m a bit fascinated by the EQ / filter section of the model 1, in a way it seems less versatile, but quite original. Have some of you tried both the model 1 and xone?

1 Like

They go wherever you route them to, or return them to. They’re not fixed to any of the A-D channels.

1 Like

I thought that at first too, but then when you use it and realise the visibility is really good, you don’t want black. :+1:

Here is your black! :wink:

3 Likes

Plug the output of fx unit into the return channel you want to return on.

2 Likes

DOHHHH I feel stupid now haha!

1 Like

Haha…no worries…

which camera connection kit do you use?

I haven’t used that setup much so didn’t stress test it. I used the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with an iPad Pro from last year.

Hey everyone,

So i have just recently picked a Xone 96 up and have yet to set it up.
My thinking will be to use it for two/ three different uses. One will be in the traditional sense mainly mixing records with a possible traktor hybrid setup on two spare 1210s.for now though Im happy to use it just to mix records.
My second use for the mixer is for a hardware setup (DT,DN,Tb03,Sh10a,Crave,Lyra8,Monologue) using the mixer as the heart and performing on.
I would also like to use the same setup and record into abelton from time to time or even use abelton effects on the send and return. Has anyone done this ?
i have looked a fair bit online and when you google i seem to come back to the same info on using traktor hybrid with abelton which is not really what i am looking to do. Has anyone any inside info on using abelton in conjunction with your hardware and best practice for recording.I also dont have a dedicated sound card as well so my plan was to use the xone for this rather than using a external deice.Any advice or help would be appreciated thanks

Hi everybody
Someone else experiencing this thing?

I’d like to know how common it is.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to disable Phono Pre-amp and use phono inputs as standard inputs? I don’t use turntables and I’d like to connect some synths and OT outputs to phono ins, but I need to disable pre-amp first somehow. Some sort of step by step guide would be helpful.

The reason why is because I’m routing all my hardware through X96 and I need more line inputs. I don’t want to buy another mixer. I’m already used all the line, send and returns channels.