X GND Squadron

lush vibe, got the sysex? :angry:

Unfortunately not. I make stuff and keep going. Iā€™m only sharing to be a part of the community in this challenge.

Glad you dig the tune. This is a totally worthwhile challenge, everyone in possession of a MD needs to try this sooner or later.

SHAME! wouldā€™ve loved to have re worked this with the new machines. thanks for sharing, really sweet chiller.

1 Like

These two jams are GND only. The first is a more of an ambient sort of thing, I might add some percussive elements to it down the line. The second is more noisy and beat-driven.

4 Likes

Big thanks to those that have submitted tracks and sysex for this.
Shaping up to be a a great comp showcasing varied applications of the X GND machines and MD creativity.

Bump reminder for anyone that may not have seen, and please do share with your MD friends outside of Elektronautsā€¦

1 Like

Back with another GND-only track. Fairly minimalistic but still has some groove to it, methinks.

4 Likes

Another one. This one is based on some saw drones/chords and a rhodes-like patch, the latter of which lends itself nicely to some live noodling. (Used about ten MD tracks for different notes of pretty much the same sound to be able to play it live.) Towards the end thereā€™s some distortion caused by overdriving the MD to my Zoom H4n - this happened on the fly but I kinda liked it. I donā€™t know whether or not this violates the ā€œno external fx or other means of affecting the audioā€ rule though. :wink:

5 Likes

gonna tighten this up to an end of May deadline to send the tracks over to Ess for mastering.

if you havenā€™t seen this please read the top post for details, any style welcome, no ambient numbers received yetā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

One day Iā€™ll try out another machine in addition to GND on the new Machinedrum X.04 firmware but today was not the day. An attempt at combining ambient moods with some rhythmic elements.

5 Likes

Me at it again. I just got a MegaCommand for my MD yesterday so maybe Iā€™ll move on to that next. The GND machines challenge has been extremely fun AND beneficial for me, however, as itā€™s made me really enjoy practising with the MD more.

So this oneā€™s yet another GND-only track.

7 Likes

Youā€™re killin it.

1 Like

Youā€™re too kind! :blush:

Long ways from a full set tho. :smiley:

I just checked out your BC. Everything on there seems to be amazing.
Is the MD bliss really just a machinedrum? And DFAMtape is insane.
Also your MnM album is the best stuff Iā€™ve heard come out of a Monomachine. Youā€™re killin it man.

1 Like

Wow, thank you! Really, means a lot!

The Bliss MD track did get some help from a Hall of Fame reverb pedal and used the UW sampling capabilities but all the sounds are originally from the MD only. And itā€™s obviously a live take, no post-processing. Most if not all was EFM Cowbell.

(Edit: Just to be clear, the track in question isnā€™t part of this GND-only challenge.)

Edit2: Canā€™t agree with you about my MnM tracks, unfortunately. :smile: That synth has been hard for me to tackle.

Remember when I implied yesterday youā€™d heard the GND-only jam from me? I lied, it seems. By the sound of it, this might really be it tho. An ambient lullaby with loads of ctrl-al goodness.

6 Likes

Ehm, so itā€™s me again. This is probably the GND jam Iā€™m the happiest with right now. Actually slept on it before posting, which is rare for me. :smiley: It sort of combines many of the things that Iā€™ve already touched on in my previous jams (melodic ambient moods, but still has some groove and rhythm to itā€¦) but with a slightly more defined structure to it.

3 Likes

Wow. Only just seen this, so itā€™s a tight squeeze to get something done by end of may, but will start today. Will aim for an ambient piece :pray:t4:

EDIT what started with ambient intention has started developing into hardcore industrial dub :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

gentle reminder that final submission date for the X GND comp is end of May.

GIF-2021-05-22-22-53-11

1 Like

Submitting my tracks and sysex after this, I promise. Actually, scratch that - Iā€™ve gone round the bend with this thing now, so absolutely no promises made. :smiley:

7 Likes

My top 3 vote

1. X09
  2. X03
  3. X07

:grimacing:

1 Like