X GND Squadron

I just checked out your BC. Everything on there seems to be amazing.
Is the MD bliss really just a machinedrum? And DFAMtape is insane.
Also your MnM album is the best stuff I’ve heard come out of a Monomachine. You’re killin it man.

1 Like

Wow, thank you! Really, means a lot!

The Bliss MD track did get some help from a Hall of Fame reverb pedal and used the UW sampling capabilities but all the sounds are originally from the MD only. And it’s obviously a live take, no post-processing. Most if not all was EFM Cowbell.

(Edit: Just to be clear, the track in question isn’t part of this GND-only challenge.)

Edit2: Can’t agree with you about my MnM tracks, unfortunately. :smile: That synth has been hard for me to tackle.

Remember when I implied yesterday you’d heard the GND-only jam from me? I lied, it seems. By the sound of it, this might really be it tho. An ambient lullaby with loads of ctrl-al goodness.

6 Likes

Ehm, so it’s me again. This is probably the GND jam I’m the happiest with right now. Actually slept on it before posting, which is rare for me. :smiley: It sort of combines many of the things that I’ve already touched on in my previous jams (melodic ambient moods, but still has some groove and rhythm to it…) but with a slightly more defined structure to it.

3 Likes

Wow. Only just seen this, so it’s a tight squeeze to get something done by end of may, but will start today. Will aim for an ambient piece :pray:t4:

EDIT what started with ambient intention has started developing into hardcore industrial dub :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

gentle reminder that final submission date for the X GND comp is end of May.

GIF-2021-05-22-22-53-11

1 Like

Submitting my tracks and sysex after this, I promise. Actually, scratch that - I’ve gone round the bend with this thing now, so absolutely no promises made. :smiley:

7 Likes

My top 3 vote

1. X09
  2. X03
  3. X07

:grimacing:

1 Like

Deadline may have passed but my journey in the kingdom of GND continues.

7 Likes

Sorry not sorry. MD GND :heart:

5 Likes

These are really outstanding!!

2 Likes

Thank you! You made me do it with X.04! Not even kidding! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thought this thread would still be a good place to put these. A new GND machine only jam. Just completely obsessed with the MD right now.

6 Likes

This Saturday I am playing a 45 minute all-Machinedrum (and only Machinedrum, well and a Bugbrand Stereo Compressor) live set in Ottawa, outside of a small record shop / art gallery called Possible Worlds (1165 Wellington St W) at 2:30PM. Powered by x.04 firmware.

Tiny demo video for the set for those of you who are on IG:

I intend on capturing the whole set so I’ll have it up on youtube afterwards and post it on the forum. Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aaagh! My in-laws are visiting this weekend, but I’ll try to be there!

2 Likes

Thanks Peter! I was hoping you’d see that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Sounds really nice, I would love to see this live! Are the effects used in the video also from Machinedrum? Sounds so nice and dubby! Are you restricting yourself to the ground machines?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes 100% of that video is Machinedrum. For this I am not restricting myself to GND machines, but almost all synth parts are The new GND machines. The FX parts are CTR-AL manipulating everything at once and CTR-RE p-locked to make feedback builds.

Edit: realized I should have put this in the x04 thread or its own thread, although this one kinda ended up full of great jams :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was a really fun show. Had a chance for a brief chat with @th0mas and then enjoyed the sound of an MD being put through its paces by an expert user. Great transitions!

5 Likes