Wrong project loads at startup

Hi @shigginpit,

Whoa, thanks for the extensive reply!

I’ve already cleared the unit, returned it to factory settings, formatted sample and project storage earlier today and am in the process of uploading some samples.

For now I’ve returned to OS1.4 since that was the last know version that worked without issue (if I remember correctly). I’m going to do some further testing but since the unit will run out of its 2Y warranty in March (I’m in NL), I might return it to the store for inspection nonetheless.

I will do some further testing based on your input and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Hey, I would have replied to your message of 13 days ago but I didn’t see this until you tagged or replied to my name so sorry in the delay. Hopefully, some resolution can be found but there is one good piece of news I can give you!

Elektron warranty is 3 years coverage, not 2, so if you believe the time limit was drawing near because you’re coming up on 2 years you actually have one additional year before the coverage runs out!

The way this works: 3 years begins from either the date of purchase on your receipt (when bought new from a store), or if bought as a secondhand item the coverage begins from the manufacture date listed on the bottom of your unit with the serial number sticker and is listed as year and week.

You can figure out the week by looking at a calendar for the year your unit was manufactured, and then checking the number of weeks (starting with first of january) to get to the week number listed. Then, counting from there, you can figure out how many “weeks” it is to get to exactly 3 years from that time, and that is the extent of your coverage.

Elektron warranty is really a great thing. So, if there is some other news about your progress, update the thread, but try to reply on my name like you just did if you want me to see it and I’ll do my best to get back to you, however not sure how much more I can help but I’m glad to try.

Hi @shigginpit

Thanks for the heads up! I did buy it used but it was only 6 months old and hardly touched. It literally reads 2021 -W50 so I’m good in that department then :wink:

On with the testing and I’ll be sure to tag you next time when I post the results.

Thanks!

No problem, without counting the exact days I estimate you have 47 weeks left on the warranty so yes, I think you’re good on this. Hope it works out or can be corrected under warranty, as that would be best for you of course :slight_smile:

Even if you don’t tag me, all you have to do is click reply on my post and it will notify me.

1 Like

@shigginpit So I ended up returning the Digitakt to the store so it can be checked. Let’s see what the outcome is. I had the opportunity to check a Digitakt that was setup as demo at the store and that one loaded the last project that was open after a power cycle. It was also running the same firmware as mine so a direct comparison was possible. Sidenote… It almost seems as if later models have a function button with a slightly different color :slight_smile:

I just got word that a repair was executed (CPU was replaced). It should be on its way back soon.
Fingers crossed that the issue has been cured :slight_smile:

At least you have now moved towards a resolution. I would try a couple of new projects as a test before trying to restore any backup data. If it seems fine and then after data restoration the issue comes back then it’s almost certain to be related to corruption of sample or file data. I hope this is the end of the trouble for you though.

Was this ever resolved? It just happened to me again… Saved a new pattern to temp memory, turned off the unit, then turned off the power strip.

Came back an hour later, booted up the Digitakt, and 1) the newly saved pattern is gone, 2) it started on the same pattern it did when I first turned it on this morning (E1), not the one I left it on when I turned it off (C1).

No, not yet and there are many reports here at Elektronauts for this issue on both the Syntakt and Digitakt.

Only trustable remedy for now: Always save your project before powering down.

1 Like

So after having received the Digitakt back a few weeks ago, I’ve been testing it and it seems the issues have disappeared. From what the store told me, the CPU has been replaced.

2 Likes