Would be able to do the A4 (mk1/mk2) this kind of sounds?

Hi, this song has a FM bass sound, and a lead sound. Listen the bass at the second 00:00 from the video, and the lead starts at 00:50. They are pretty nice to my ears.

Do you think A4 is able to sound similar, as metallic as these sounds? Which one would sound closer without EQ help, MK1 or MK2? (Keys isn’t an option, lack of space)

Possibly stating the obvious but if you want to making FM sounds, it’s easier with an FM synth…

1 Like

I said that because A4 can do FM sounds (using the keytrack lfos), can it?

Better look for a Prophet 12 or Novation Peak.

I think the bass is doable on the A4 MK2… also pay attention with this kind of techno, every parts are usually heavily effected so it’s rely heavily on FX… But the Timbre and Frequency (to me) doable on the A4

For the lead I’m not sure if it’s not a treated Voice sample :wink:

Thanks for the reply. This is another example about how I expect to sound, listen the metallic and hipnotic bass:

It’s a pity there isn’t enough demos about how the A4 FM sounds - that’s why I have to ask.

if you havent, you should check out preenfm2. cheap diy and ultra flexible. small, modern midi control, 3 lfos. 4 part multitambral. amazing bang for the buck. will have smd version, fits in eurorack, will have 4 outputs soon. user waveforms, onboard multimode digital filter, mod matrix with self targeting destinations, full featured midi editor etc the list goes on. i will never look back!

/rant

as @alien_brain said maybe you can try a small and affordable FM synth like PreenFM2 or Volca FM and see what you can get… But this kind of sound is heavily processed as I said so there’s chance you get this results only with materials from Gears into the DAW + Processing materials with FX… A lot of Distortion… Things like MAUL from FXpansion, Analog HEAT etc… it’s by sculpting you can get this kind of sound.

Don’t know what’s your Skills level are regarding mixing but it’s kind of music made by sound engineer :wink:

1 Like

FM synthesis is digital so the software road is safe, free vst is DEXED, can load dx7 patches, FM8 is a beast,

1 Like

I have no idea how to program pure FM synths, only using FM to 1 Oscillator and then using the substractive way. That’s why I thought into the A4 or maybe a Vermona.

i’m trying just now to recreate your video with the A4 and this is totally possible but need more time & processing, FM is exactly like using fm to 1 oscillator but with more complex feedback and routing options between the oscillators. then you have all the classics of substractive like filter , env & lfo modulating what you want

If you can, Elektron should thanks you because I will instapurchase the A4. I do not pretend sound exactly like them, I pretend sound with that metallic character.

https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/mini-fm/ that’s what made me by the A4, but i don’t want to be responsible of your gas!

1 Like

analog bass > TB303 like
fm sound > 2 notes
synth > detuned tri osc
distortion compression & eq in cubase
very bad recording with too much noise sorry this is done in 45min

I really don’t think it’s a synth the thing metallic :stuck_out_tongue: TUN TUN - TUN TUN to me is probably a heavily voice sample processed :stuck_out_tongue:

yes or a chord with HPF

old house sample chord with HPF

Thank you for taking the time, I saw a demo which I loved, the one named TECHNO in this soundcloud tracklist by Simon:

I ordered two hours ago a new unit to use with my full studio… which is just an OT mk1 :slight_smile:

So you ask info for an A4 and finally order an OT :stuck_out_tongue: