Would anybody be interested in a DnB battle?

Fresh it is! :palm_tree:

Pretty damn stoked for this one, got all my sample material together already… defo gonna be an ode to my childhood…

I think many of us can all relate to the mind-blowing moment we realised “I can make music with a computer”…

1 Like

Yes, really pumped too! It feels like ages since I cranked up the bpm to 160+ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Free style is a nice idea, but maybe a sample or genre would be fun too.

Im down!

Probably in too, I’ll stay tuned. :slight_smile:

I stopped making tunes long ago but I’m kind of starting again so… this will help me a lot.
Last time I worked on something was this: Show me what you got - #4 by mutt and I lost the projects before I ended them so… fuck it.

Definitely on the next one.

I’ll let the winners decide what limitations to set, but this first one is wide open so we can get as many submissions as possible.

1 Like

I’ve set up a new SoundCloud for the submissions.

so how’s it gonna work?

1 Like

1 Like

Specifically, people will inbox me submissions after I post the challenge.

Then I make a playlist on SoundCloud. Then people will post their vote in the comments on the battle thread.

I’m going with the Hiphop battle format of picking the top three and whoever gets the points will be the first winner of the battle.

Then they can pick the next theme and limitations.

Listening to some old full cycle to get me in the mood :drum::saxophone::firecracker:

2 Likes

Yo. Dope find. Thank you!

1 Like
1 Like

If you find a track called Tubehats you are in for a treat. So far I’ve failed but used to have it on CD.

1 Like

This some sort of dnb PvP battle arena ?! I’m running a strength build !

3 Likes

This is a neat idea. I love me some DnB

1 Like

If I can wrangle some time together I’d give it a crack. I love Jungle/Drum n’ Bass. But, I’ve never finished a track ever so I’m not sure this would put me over the top.

1 Like

It’s really just all for fun.

1 Like

Amen brothah!