WoFI from Kiviak Instruments

So i found the home page for Kiviak Instruments, but as of right now there is almost nothing informative on WoFI there.

Maybe later.

Interesting. It has an almost uncanny toy-ish look in the OP pic.

Looks like a pitch bend strip thingie, whatever they’re called^^

1 Like

So it has sampler emulations. And you definitely can save patches to the internet, and to some sort of device that they call a cartridge, or cart. There is a function called a Texturer. It’s also got some sort of CV connection.

This comes from a junky image over at Matrixsynth.

Is the filter digital, or analog ?

ADDED : Looking at the circuit board, i’m pretty sure it’s analog.

ADDED : I’m thinking the cartridge is for storing projects when disconnected from wifi.

ADDED : The cartridge could also be a secure way to sell sound packs. The cart hardware should be very inexpensive in volume.

Looks interesting. Not completely in love the with design, but I dig the form factor.

1 Like

This has my attention.

1 Like

An observation ( significant of nothing ? ) .

The sixteen lit buttons that are used for notes and parameters, sit perfectly above the fifteen white keys, with the one extra button to the left.

This seems designed to sit on your lap on the couch, or while laying down, with the built-in speaker to surf around collections of sounds, as you casually create a sound or a song.

Please let this be battery powered, and reasonably priced.

Imagine this used collaboratively between two or more people. I want a voip “phone” mode.

Looks awesome!

Strange how this has been out there in some form for so long ( two years ? ), and yet is now coming to general attention.

ADDED : ( Out there on Facebook and Instagram. )

I want one. My Microsampler and Lofi-12 are looking very scared right now. Might have to let them go…

Looks cool, but no sounds? It’s always concerning when reveals for musical instruments don’t let you hear what it sounds like. But the interface is charming. Sort of like an all grown up OP1

Word is the reveal is in three months, at Superbooth 23 ( May 11-13 ). They indeed are on the exhibitors list. It is also said they will ship in the fall.

2 Likes

I have zero idea about the pricing for this. Could be $1499 or $499, not a clue. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Hopefully not a crowdfund. This probably has venture investors and the idea will be to buy market status with great features and a reasonable price.

Could this have the sort of internet base features, i mean something very useful and powerful, to justify a subscription based interface ?

4 Likes

Kiviak has a teaser video up. ( Posted two days ago. ) It’s not worth watching but here’s a still from it:

They’re showing at SFF which starts in three days.

Show of Shows Thread.

They also have a series of demos on their you tube page, in a variety of musical genres.

1 Like

Nice and versatile sounds actually! (sorry, but 1.5 hour unedited live stream it’s not a nice way to present a product)

edit: I commented earlier lol, totally forgot about it. Yes, the looks and the sounds are cool. I hope the price is not in a range of “new 202X normality”

I’m guessing atleast $800 realistically. Just to make something like this at scale temper expectations…lol

We don’t know what this really is or what exactly it can do yet.

An hour and a half?!?! Just give is the goods. I will take a bullet list. I remember when Isla would put up these long rambling streams leading up to the release of the S2400, and that felt brutal. Just get to the point people.