Wobbly encoder

Hi there folks,

I’ve noticed that encoder ‘F’ on my A4 feels a bit wobbly compared to the others. By this I mean that it seems to have quite a bit of “give” when lightly pushed/pulled back and forth. Now obviously I don’t wiggle it back and forth when operating it, but it is noticeable when turning the encoder as it seems to make less of a tight circle and more of a slight oval compared to the others.

I’m not looking for a perfectly engineered machine on which every knob and button have the same feel, and maybe this is just a “foible” that I need to learn to live with.

I could open a ticket for warranty repair, but that could be quite expensive for something that might just involve a tightening up job.

Any one else had a similar case?

I didn’t experienced mechanical loosing, but others did… let’s wait for their contributions.

Is your A4 still under warranty?

Otherwise, if you are good in DIY, you can try to buy only the spare knob and replacing the wobbly one.

Support Ticket, anyway, is something you should do…in order to let Elektron knows (for statistics sake) that there is a another wobbly encoder out there

I had the same problem with my A4 … it sorted itself out somehow in the end.

It only felt funny operating the knob within the first month but then the more i used it - the more it seemed to tighten and eventually got as tight as the rest now.

All units are hand built, you expect this sort of thing to happen … its what makes these machines so organic.

All good in the end !

Cheers for the replies on this one.

My thoughts were the same re: hand built nature of the beauties, which is why I’m not so quick to create a ticket (though perhaps it wouldn’t hurt at least to draw attention to the wobble for statistical purposes).
I still have just under 3 years warranty left anyway so I’ll monitor the situation and see if it self-liberates.

Other than that, the machine is working like a dream.

Hi to everybody,
Recently my a4 present some encoder problem…like this

So i can do repair myself…or your opinion suggest me to send to distributor?
Knob work fine but i don t like so much…
Many thanks

Use it until it doesn’t work, then get it repaired.
Nothing to loose sleep over.

3 Likes

Everyone of my MNM knobs are that wobbly, however they all work fine. That’s what I get for buying second hand I guess. The money I saved will go into repairs if they ever stop working.

Ok,
Thanks a lot to everybody for your opinions

1 Like

Send it to repair when values are been skipped.

1 Like