Wireless

As with probably everyone here, I have too many cables in my setup. I’ve managed to make everything connected with as little setup requred but one part that always gets in the way is plugging in my electric guitar or bass.

I decided to try to get a wireless guitar thing (always thought it was like that Spinal Tap joke and they were terrible) in the Line 6 G10SII and just want to report that it’s the greatest thing.

No setup, no latency, no interference. Makes me actually want to play these instruments I normally neglect and I’m just noodling away on the bass through speakers the same way I noodle on an acoustic guitar.

I hate bluetooth pairing and such nonsense so thought this would be similar and it’s not. Is there a future in everything being like this? Kinda wish the Line 6 unit had many channels or there was a mixer that did this sort of thing and I could plug the dongle into each of my synths.

Wireless MIDI is probably even better so tempted by that too.

Any people with a super wireless setup here? Are there loads of issues that I haven’t noticed yet?

2 Likes

Current couch rig.
Talentcell 12v battery pack
SKAA mini transmitter/receiver (requires usb power)
The SKAA gear works great, very close to imperceptible latency. Not enough latency to make me notice.
They sound good too.
Tried a similar thing with the RODE Wireless GO II’s
The RODE might roll off some bass, and the input is extremely sensitive.
Been meaning to get wireless guitar jacks, probably a proper SKAA box for DJing, and I definitely want to try the WIDI plugs

3 Likes

Nice DMT screen protector!

1 Like

Awesome. Went another step and got those Yamaha WL-500 wireless headphones. Shocked at:

a) How little faff there is to set it all up. Literal plug and play and the opposite of bluetooth pairing hell.
b) How liberating it feels to play without a headphone cord attaching you to your kit

People complain that they aren’t comfy enough and sound bad but my ears are probably not good enough to tell on the audio quality (it sounds perfectly fine to me). The comfy aspect is slighly worse than other headphones I have but the convinience outweighs any of that.

1 Like

I’ll have to check those out.
I’ve been using these wireless gadgets I got for headphones too.
The RODE work good for that.
You can Velcro the receiver to any pair of headphones.
I almost wasted my money on this AIAIAI headphones

1 Like