Wireless Masterkeyboard

I use iMac and wireless computer-keyboard and magic mouse, i was surprised how convenient and practical that is!

So, i tought, why not use Wireless master keyboard ??
Is anyone using Wireless Masterkeys ? I am looking for recommendations. It has to be compact ( mini-sized so i can use it on the table, next to my mouse and computer keyboard for throwing up fast ideas…) and it would be great it has presets ,so i can have it set for switching between different midi ch for use with different hw synths.

1 Like

my typingng keyboard just gets on my nerves when it runs out of battery. random lag, erratic…then, while i get a little pissed, i have to search for that @#$# usb cable. :laughing:
wouldn’t appreciate the same behaviour on a midi keyboard…

wireless midi keybaord exists but would introduce the same battery joys and additional latency where you don’t really want it.

just my opinion…

not to mention that we elektronauts try to be as eco responsible as possible, and batteries are so bad for the planet :wink:

i haven’t had any problems with my apple products :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i m sure even apple keyboards run out of battery!

yeah, that is why the whole world wanna be electrified :wink:

yeah, i haven’t change once the batteries in the keyboard, and i don’t even have apple charger for magic mouse, it’s on 74%

Can we get on back on topic ?

1 Like

yeah, that wouldn’t be what i want!

bluetooth LE has a solid latency and maybe the Korg Nanostudio is something for you…

2 Likes

Rechargeables get a lot of use, here.

3 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know much of a “master” keyboard it is (it’s tiny, and has a tiny range, and the tactile response is… unique), but I have a nanokey studio, and the latency is unnoticeable.

@mess5 Yamaha makes a Bluetooth MIDI adapter that might be worth checking out; in theory, you could use just about any MIDI controller with it (and a Mac; which is fine for you–I don’t have more info because I am a PC user, and it’s restricted to Mac OS/iOS if I remember correctly).

1 Like

I don’t mind small midi keys, it is just something to be on the table , close to the comp to throw some fast ideas

2 Likes

I’ve had your approach in mind