Wireless CF SD

Anyone using any sort of wireless CF or wireless SD with CF adaptor with their OT to transfer samples wirelessly?

Someone was selling an OT recently with such a setup included - check the sales section.

Kingston Mobilelite 3

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1222446&gclid=CjwKEAjw85DIBRCy2aT0hPmS1jkSJAC1m9UvX3lff5LN9c1v4O3qaV-DPx979uajeOmluXQ3tsKwXRoCNVrw_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C{creative}%2C{keyword}&Q=&A=details

I’d love a wireless brain to control it with my smartphone. :smile:
Only smiley options avaible for the moment.
:content::meh::sketchy::drunk:

1 Like

The Kinston Mobilelite wouldn’t be a solution would it? How do you see it working?

There’s an app on the iPad and probably iPhone that use can use to send samples wirelessly, you can probably do the same for computers

But the kingston would just be writing to a card I thought…

Having a field recorder with WiFi sending files to a Wifi enabled CF would be quite nice…

1 Like

I believe you can attach the OT by usb and then use disk mode and wirelessly drop to that…

2 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

Yeah the guy selling the OT had a mobilelite. That’s not what I mean.

Has anyone tried a proper wireless CF/SD combo like these?:

The OT’s USB port always feels a little flimsy when plugging and unplugging. Looking for something to avoid wear and tear long term.

2 Likes

Those things look insane! I wonder how that works too!

This would be awesome!

@enryo Did you get this to work?

Bumping as I’m (once again) looking at buying one of these…

1 Like

If this exists I think I’m looking for one too!

I used to have a first-gen Eye-Fi card for one of my cameras, and it was a pretty bad experience to be honest.
The camera had to support the card via its firmware, it was slow and unreliable, and you had to use their app, which was awful.

From looking around, it seems that most if not all of this type of product has been discontinued now - often due to compatibility or security issues; but also because most new cameras have wifi support built-in now (though many only have limited file support and won’t transfer raw files).

But it looks like the fourth generation of Toshiba FlashAir cards (W-04), and “ez Share” cards, are more universal devices, and their eye-fi compatibility is only to prevent camera standby while transfers are in progress.
The mobile app for the Toshiba cards seems to be unsupported and broken now, but apparently both of these cards support browser-based file transfers of any file type - and many of the cards are readily available on eBay.
The price is higher than I’d want to pay to experiment with—especially when also adding the uncertainty of an SD to CF adapter—but maybe it could work.

I get the feeling the experience is probably going to be slow and annoying, if it works at all, but maybe things got a lot better. After all, it was a first-gen product I had (and I believe the first card on the market to offer the feature).

2 Likes

Pretty sure those CF to SD adapters won’t work in OT, I tried one a few years back and it was not recognised.

I know there used to be some wifi CF cards but this was back in mb rather than gb days.

1 Like

I had try also CF/SD adapter and it was not working. Maybe there is an adapter available somewhere which can do that, but never found one.

And technically I can tell you that it is not possible to have the card being used by the OT and sending a sample remotely to the card.
The protocol and filesystem used by the OT can not garantie coherency doing that.
Only solution is some kind of usb more which ´umount ´ the filesystem properly and give it to another consumer (usb)