Will there be a new M:C update?

Hi everyone, do you think there will ever be a new M:C update?

A deep update, that seems unlikely in my opinion… And carrying… the M.C deserves a simple thing: the 5 additional Syntakt machines, which technically should not be the most difficult to set up. The M.S is not really limited in these sounds but for the M.C it is ultimately very limited. It’s a pity, a failure, in my opinion, because this machine is really fantastic and giving it more machines does not compromise the sales of Digi and Syntakt and would boost the sales of M.C!!

5 Likes

More machines would not be my first priority, but it totally agree, more machines could be simple, fun and very exciting. I do however get the current premise of it only having 6 machines, and tbh as far as the sounds go they’re surprisingly flexible, but I’d never say no to more sounds. In fact I just wish they’d open source the firmware, I have the skills to add stuff on my own then and I think it’d be very cool but that’s probably never gonna happen. I think it could totally have more shortcuts and such, as generally it’s very quick to use but I wish some things were quicker, like I wish I could load a sound from a trig or pad straight into the lock pool, but now I can only do it from saved presets. There’s a couple other things I think they could improve like that, again, I could totally do it but decompiling it is a whole separate deal.

1 Like

Honestly I just wish someone would leak the firmware again like Machinedrum and at that point I could add all sorts of funky stuff, like a noise engine or some simple 2 osc thing, I know it’s totally not the general premise to do non fm sounds, but it’d be easy and they probably would load quick as locks too. And honestly, a clap engine, while fun to find workarounds and come up with unique weird claps, would be very useful.

This is a certified rant by now, but there’s no reason not to add a simple 2 osc and a filter engine other than keeping ir all fm :smiley:

I hope we will see more machines in the future (a sample machine would be dope but i’m dreaming). Yes, the ones that are already made for the syntakt would not be difficult to add to the M:C.

But that I don’t want is adding secondary functions and features, workflow is good as it is , i like the one knob / function and quick worflow the M:C has.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, defs no secondary functions, maybe for like, one knob idk, but I’m fine using the lfo for attack envelopes, it’s great as it is and so easy to use and warp sounds

1 Like

Well then you’re f**ked :joy:

1 Like

Why?

ah just that generally if you want more features your gonna be heading into secondary function territory.

I was only messing tho really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t want more features, maybe just new machines :wink: the ST machines have the same amount of controls than the MC ones, so it would not be a problem.

1 Like

Im just guessing but the model: concept seems a bit abandoned? Partly due to the mishap with the handle… just my thinking. Hope Im wrong

2 Likes

Right? Judging by other lines, we could totally get a model with analog sounds haha

No, and this is my feeling why:

I would be amazed if there isn’t / wasn’t a Model that used analogue synthesis that ultimately ended up being machines in Syntakt. Were that the case, it may never come out due to eating into Syntakt sales, and the same for an expanded Cycles. You can argue that the Cycles already eats into the DN but to me they are different boxes related by synthesis method. Same for the Samples and the DT - the DT has pulled way ahead now too.

With VC money, things that have a difficult birth or just don’t live up to expectations have to get cut. Great the Model pair are, I expect the midrange gear is their real money makers.

1 Like

Yeah, fair, but since there’s an expensive box with analog sounds, sampling and drums (A4, OT, AR), a less expensive box with all of them (ST, DTone, well ok DTakt is an FM synth), I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a third Model box that did either some polyphonic sounds or analog, maybe both (like a shared pool of 4-6 simple analog voices with one filter circuit or something), I wouldn’t be surprised also if they did a third model like that that was priced a bit more higher (like ST pricing on release vs DTone and DTakt)
Honestly, I’d really want to see something similar to a Monomachine or Machinedrum reissue for something, maybe smaller and cheaper, like something DT sized, but again I wouldn’t be surprised if they just are only doing new different designs now, but I’d really want something like those older grooveboxes, maybe Elektrons take on an old electribe or something

I think you’re right. It’s a shame though, I feel like with a few different design choices (like native portable battery power) Models could have been really huge sellers. I also don’t get the pricing strategy, the new price I feel like makes a lot of people think twice. Do they a get a Models series or just save a bit more for a SP or MPC One…

1 Like

Yeah, what’s crazy is that you can power the Model machines with a usb battery if you have the right adapter but they have no power over usb

…i hardly hardly doubt it…they closed the model chapter…they spended so much resources and good will and great ideas on their first and last attempt to conquer the low price segment…it almost killed them by simple overstretch meets underestimation, too much of everything that could possibly go wrong businesswise, for such a relatively small boutique company based in europe…these devices are as good as it gets…
they had to move on…and they did…

1 Like

I feel like my biggest problems is that there are a couple easily fixable oversights that could’ve changed a lot abt the devices

2 Likes

…on paper and in theory, the models were a great idea…no doubt…
and sure with some little twists, they could have been ever better…but what u still find in retail stock is last leftovers…
also here, pandemic changed everything…not sure, if there’s only one developer left from the 2nd gen that came up with the model designs…now 3rd gen staff can’t look back…they have to look forward…
elektron really had to readapt, shrink back to survive and get back to what made them famous in first place…
entering the low price segment was worth a try…but the better place to be is boutique in big…

1 Like