Why have a scene mode at all?

No.

Although… you could set up a scene that sets all Track probabilities to 1%, or |1ST (there’s no “overline” in this message formatter, so I used | instead). I think p-locked probabilities would take precedence over the Scene tho’.

“Track probabilities” would be on a per-note basis, I guess, which would clot the flow.
I will keep searching.

That’s how they’re used most of the time (I assume).

If you set a COND on the [TRK] page, it becomes the default condition for all trigs on that Track. If you set a Scene up so it controls the COND on the [TRK] page, you have a Scene which sets the default for all trigs. Therefore all the trigs except the ones with their own COND will be affected by the Scene. This could be used to do what you want, with some restrictions.

You asked about this in another thread. Did you try Song mode?

Also, why not make multiple Patterns, starting with just one track, and adding the rest. It seems the simplest solution. You have 128 Patterns; it’s quite a lot :wink:

Also, do you know about [FUNC]+Pad on the [MUTE] page? It lets you queue the mutes. You could hold [FUNC], tap the pad for each track you wish to mute, change pattern and release [FUNC] as the pattern changes.

I keep checking for more options as song approach feels too far into the realm of automation. Okay if you sit with a guitar and just want Rytm to be a bit dumb drummer, who does his job not watching what is happening with the rest of the band :slight_smile:

Bundled mute, sounds quite good actually as I think of it because whereas you can’t match midi clock for accuracy, the mute being on midi makes it ear-friendly. All you need to do is queue pattern change and get ready with the mutes to be triggered just slightly before the pattern change (rather than slightly late).
It is not perfect because you’ll need to memorise which tracks to mute per each scene (which is like telling the brass and violins to shut up and the soloist take over with the harp… you get the idea. Still, might be the best it gets with Analog-line sequencer architecture, unless the Digi-line is not much different, only newer, in which case this would be a great item for the wishlist.

Can you modify the COND with a scene with the MK2? Because mk1, no luck (tried that before)

I just tested it. It turns out that you can’t. :cry:

Sorry folks, I spoke nonsense.

This would challenge me, too, but I see it as “well, that’s how my music works, I should learn my own music”.

You can make it a little easier if you organise your tracks, or your scenes, following some scheme.

But it’s even easier if you make patterns with just the content you want :grin:

OK too bad. I did try before so you writing down the same idea shows this could be a nice feature to have :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But it’s even easier if you make patterns with just the content you want

:grin: Yeah, ending up with pattern change per each new drum getting to its part.

It is just about balancing set-and-forget against petty tweaking each time (and different styles). I can imagine that some folks do find meaning in following their script - even in music. Be your own sequencer, sort of. :grin:

I used to play in bands and choirs. I’m coming to this from the perspective that rehearsal and practice are part of the craft.

Sounds like mimicking sound mode, to me but I can see how years of routine may instil such mindset.

On the contrary, I represent free style improvisation in my approach (arts rather than crafts), so rather than learn to press scene buttons in agreed sequence so that choir don’t get lost, I’d render all the stuff into a single audio track to trigger from a pocket-sized audio player - and grab an instrument for the actual performance.

My view of Rytm is though that it is a performance machine itself, which sets a very high standard of providing a golden mean between reliable and variable enough structure for creativity and facilitate the process of creation. And it does it very smartly.

Are you still using Rytm at all?