Why Digitone does not show on screen pattern chain and sequences?

This may be a non-issue for the many of you that sequence few patterns, but for me, it has been a challenge to remember what each pattern does, and how to sequence them around in a chain. Also saving the chain is not possible from what I can tell, but this is a different issue.

Fundamentally the digitone has a screen, which is essential to me to use it; but why there is no mode to visually see the patterns and chains? I would love to see a representation of patterns on screen, so I can go in my different banks, pick the patterns I want to chain, and add them to the chain, and see a visual representation of this.

I am used to visual stuff, and to use DAWs, so to me, the idea of going blind, like if it was 1984 on a synth that does have a 12x2 segment LCD screen, is not ideal, especially when the Digitone has such wonderful screen. So to me it has been a challenge to put together chain of patterns, unless I go with pen and paper and write down what each pattern does, divide them in categories, and number them so I can get a quick idea of each of them.

Nobody wants to get the same interface that Ableton live or Maschine use, but some sort of aid to make chains and visualize the content of a chain on screen (or in Overbridge?) would be not only appreciated but a lifesaver for the non-hardware-only musicians out there. Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitone feature requests!