Why can't the A4 do warm pads & chords? [SOLVED]

Sorry for that :slight_smile:
I’m quite a hijacker

1 Like

This and better to have true VCOs … DCOs sometimes tend to be too defined and accurate … the effect of detuning doesn’t give the same chorussing smoothness like free running VCOs. On a Jupiter 8, as example, it doesn’t need a chorus FX to get a creamy pad. The circuits of the 70-ties with their fluctuating VCOs do the job very well.

The A4 definitely needs chorus, delay, and reverb to be smoothed out … at least … it works … somehow :wink:

1 Like

i don’t mind the hijack as long as we are still talking about pads :slight_smile:

5 Likes

what do you think about this kind of warm-hotness ? https://soundcloud.com/lying-dalai/40rds

2 Likes

Crisp sounds in the foreground and rich mids underneath … I wouldn’t call it warm, because the low end seems to be too subtle. For me it’s neither warm nor hot … it’s somewhere in the middle.

at the .20 second mark there is a sweet pad i got out of the a4. The a4 does do pads and chords really well. I guss my suggestion is “keep trying- youll get there”

1 Like

thanks man

BTW, in the manual it’s stated that you need to increase resonance up to 20-25 on the F1 to get a neutral setting! I think that is what you see/hear in your comparison.

5 Likes

hm, i have a bunch of really warm and deep pads in my packs. Did you try them?

This one is very warm imo:

5 Likes

Warm? cold?

24 Likes

very A4ish, I dig it.

2 Likes

Great sound! Has a nice Vangelis feel. Please can you share the patch or at least a how-to?

2 Likes

Thanks! I share the Kit with delay and reverb settings when I come home from work

6 Likes

I’m looking forward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

It’s taken me a long while to like the A4’s sound.
Now I really enjoy it for what it does.
I dont think I’d ever describe it as warm.
Similar to the Tempest, but not as raw.
It’s got this grit to it on so many sounds, a specific character, some outer space type stuff.

2 Likes

The Kit with patch + fx settings:
UNIFONO PAD-01.syx (2.6 KB)

Might sound best with single notes (Osc2 is -16 semitones)

Please tell me if somethings wrong with the sysex…

10 Likes

One octave and a major third?
Sounded minor, more like - 15 semitones, from what I just tried.

no -16.
a major tenth (or major third with octave down…)
And the first osc has a 1 octave subosc active

2 Likes

Yeah my bad I checked with same tuning as you.
I’m not used to these invervals and its very interesting! :slight_smile:

1 Like