Machinedrum secondhand prices are getting crazy

TRX kick is just THE digital kick…
This is worth enough the price :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, the TRX BD is ace, though can quickly over power your other instruments if not careful with the decay. Other reasons I love the Machinedrum.

• 16 freely assignable lfos add variation and movement to the percussion or make it extra weird
  • Can make basslines with SIN machine or decay from kick drums
  • extremely quick to work with, immediate results
  • CTR machines can help to create drum fills or completely new patterns quickly
  • midi clock is pretty solid, MIDI machines are nice to have as well
  • parameter locks
  • the reverb is great for ambient percussion
  • logical setup for performance

Will never sell.

7 Likes

well MD got me into Elektron gear! I wanted to buy my friend’s MD but he refused to part with it even though he as a newer Rytm and tons of gear. So far been happy with my Analog4 and Octatrack that covers synths, pads and drums well enough.

2 Likes

Probably because they’re the shit. I know the architecture is the same as other elektron boxes but it is really unique

I actually got one in absolutely pristine condition from Scot_Solida. It was gorgeous, and happened to be the first time I had an MD. It was a beautiful machine. I loved the feel of it, it looked nice, and the audio quality excellent.

I didn’t really gel with it despite having plenty of MonoMachine experience (not to mention newer Elektrons), but it wasn’t really the MD. I was pretty specifically looking for more traditional X0X drum synthesis, and while the TR machine isn’t bad, it wasn’t the exact tone I was looking for. The truly powerful portions (like the FM etc.) were wasted on me, because I do all that via modular gear (and now the Digitone) so I ended up selling it on to someone that would make better use of it.

As to the topic here, I’d say it’s still worth every cent that it fetches, provided what it does is what you’re looking for. Very cool machine, and I could see them cleaning up if they released a modern one with some very small enhancements to the sound engines, and all of the newer sequencer features.

Anyway, definitely worth the going prices. I just wish it matched up with what I needed at the time.

2 Likes

This is great! It reminds me I need to keep experimentation in my workflow with my MD.

1 Like

It is a good tutorial like upload and has injected energy to commit to the MD more this winter. Such a mysteriously intriguing machine.

1 Like

Put me down for one as well. :sunglasses:

bumping this because now I want one and theyre all over 1200$ like cmon

1 Like

Bought mine for 1300 CAD on Kijiji of all places. Worth every penny :slight_smile:

I’m about to sell mine (AU) & that would be a nice price :slight_smile:

b/c collectors are random expletive to avoid offending the overly sensitive. But seriously, its elektrons best product to date and its out of production. get used to it sadly

1 Like

I’d like to share this excellent MD video with you.

It is more about the parameters than building a beat, so give it a go - you won’t regret for sure.

Elektron Machinedrum: Basic Beatmaking Session by max marco

6 Likes

here in germany, they are all below 900€. even with insured shipping, it would be below 1k$.

if you manage to use google translate or sth, try ebay kleinanzeigen.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/elektron-machinedrum-mk2-sps-i-uw-top-conditions/1171226349-74-9660 (I’m in no way related to this offer, just for your conveinience)

3 Likes

An Octatrack? :content:

2 Likes

I consider OT as part of the first Elektron machines. New structure is from A4.

I found MD disappointing, much prefer an OT/DN or DT/DN combo. Better sampler quality with OT/DT, and better synthesis with DN.

4 Likes

I agree! The DT/DN combo is really hard to beat. I wish they made an analog in this form factor to complement it.

5 Likes

Elektron gear is fairly priced. My new Leipzig v3 does way less than a DT, DN or what not but has cool analog sound and patch bay. Modular is super expensive and addicting fun. I’ve dropped easily 15k in Eurorack modules and cases for what a Rytm and Virus can do for half the cost.

2 Likes

:angry:

1 Like

Analog Heat was the first of the form factor.

Aaaand I’ll see myself out.

7 Likes