Why 90% of users dont have their music in the profile?

I just went and checked my forum stats and not a single post I’ve made about my own music has been listened to, so why bother with a profile link?

I’m pretty sure if people want to find my music they can find it using Google.

3 Likes

just realizing that the music category is almost impossible to edit with chrome under win7

Yeah, it’s very difficult to get at least a minimum of attention. Here and elsewhere. It is what it is

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I am just having a look at your youtube now, I have a youtube aswell (keep forgetting about that…)

1 Like

Looked at your post history and am now listening to From Out of Fog. It’s good, man - well done!

I agree with you somewhat actually. However, I live in a remote part of the world, and getting gigs is a rare thing indeed, even seeing other humans happens not very often. When I lived in UK this was not an issue, gigs and tactile contact with fans all over the place.

Now I get more feedback from youtube viewers than I ever have from doing shows here in Australia. Online music sharing is what it is. I don’t rely on it to spread my music, but it is nice when someone asks me ‘Oh have you got anything I could hear?’ I can give them a link.

I don’t release physical copies of my music anymore, as remote as I am, shipping would make it very expensive. Which is a shame as I have released records cds and tapes in the past and I loved it! I wish that would happen again.

Ultimately though, the most important bit for me is making the music, finishing EPs, albums, and then getting that stuff heard. I would love to do more gigs, have more records out, but online sharing does have a place.

2 Likes

All too often I think I’ve finished something that I’d like to share with people, only to hear it later and cringe. The stuff I have on bandcamp took a shedload of effort before I was willing to make it public (and it still nearly didn’t make it). And even then it’s not that interesting.

I guess I’m still working my way through the gap

4 Likes

I guess I just had no idea we could do that :smile: I will get up updating that

I never knew this feature existed lol. I have some stuff uploaded I guess I’ll just link it.

Now I know this, I’ll have to check the ‘show your setup’ thread. Some people have the nicest looking setups and I would love to hear what they come up with…

Hey!

Nice to meet you all. I make music under the name Vespr. You can find my stuff on iTunes and Apple Music, Spotify, or Google Play. Also check me out on social media via YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram! Get in touch. Music friends are the best friends. =)

2 Likes

The question actually was why noone puts it in the “music” section of their profile. Maybe you are the perfect candidate to ask:

Why did you put your links into this discussion and not into the “music”-section of your profile (just checked: it’s not there)

:smiley:

Haha oh yeah! I looked into it and then got sidetracked haha. I didn’t because it only links out to soundcloud, nothing else. I have my stuff almost everywhere but not on soundcloud at the moment haha. I meant to mention that…lol.

There is a system error every time I try

1 Like

I had this as well. Then I logged in my soundcloud and it worked

When I tried to do it on my phone it wouldn’t work until I uninstalled the SoundCloud app. Once I got it to work I just reinstalled the app.
Oddly complicated.

I only post stuff to share with a few friends and family, I have so little time anymore to make music that I mostly jam. I was in a band, wrote a ton of songs, Played out and recorded. Then family and reality set in, I still like to create and that’s what I do, but I’m not looking for affirmation from anyone but myself. That being said there’s always the next chapter right around the corner.

1 Like

You have to have a Soundcloud page…

I don’t use Soundcloud.
I use Bandcamp.
That’s why my music is not in my profile.

3 Likes

I hadn’t because i didn’t realize how it worked. Now have a couple of example tracks in my profile!

You can link to your bandcamp on your profile. I have.

Yeah, I added my bandcamp.
I thought since it wasn’t under
“music” you couldn’t see it,
but I was wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve only been posting battle beats tho (& a couple K.O. beats).
I guess I need a reason to post my music.