Whole-number change on tempo + pitch

Hi
I got my M:S yesterday. Good machine.

Is there a way to change tempo (bpm) and pitch by whole steps, without decimal point value?

For pitch it’s not easy and direct to change to a correct desired pitch.
So much dialing and fine adjusting.
But if the decimal point was gone it would so much faster.
In other cases it’s nice to be able to fine-tune.

Thanks

1 Like

The decimal point values were only added in the last software update (a couple of months ago, after the Model:Cycles was released). Before that it was whole numbers only.

Anyway, there’s two things you can do for BPM. If you press the Level/Data knob down while turning it, the value jumps by 8bpm at a time. Or hold FUNC while changing the values, and it’ll change in while numbers.

For pitch, the knob doesn’t press, so you can’t use that. I think holding FUNC while changing the value will change the value in whole number steps.

2 Likes

Seems to work, thanks.
There are quite a few routines and sub-functions etc. I have to memorize.
I guess that’s how it is. Until learned, then it’s easy :wink:

It’s simply turn Level/Data encoder to change tempo in integer steps on the model cycles

can anyone confirm it is Function+Encoder to change tempo in steps of 1.0 in the ModelSamples because that would imply a difference with Cycles

Fn+Encoder gives the fine 0.1 control for MC !

This is sorta consistent with bigger boxes, on those you scroll in 0.1s using up/down keys whereas turning the encoder in tempo menu will jump in 1.0s

2 Likes

I just tried.

To change tempo in full 1.0 steps do this:

Press metronome symbol button to open tempo menu.
Then you can dial tempo in full steps with Level/Data encoder alone.
Or Fn + Level/Data encoder to adjust in 0.1 increments.

2 Likes

in which case your title and opening question were redundant ! - it already does what you wanted :wink:

:wink: well not reduntant, as I didn’t know how to do it.
But your comment made me try something I didn’t know about.
All good

what then, could you possibly have tried to do with Tempo to NOT get it to turn in increments of one, surely you tried turning the encoder ! :wink:

I only knew about tap tempo.

Hm why doesn’t my reply quote your comment…
Aah, mark text, then select “Quote”

1 Like

My mistake. I confused the way BPM works. I change pitch more often and thought they both worked the same, when in fact they’re opposites.

In BPM, encoder changes in integers by default, in decimal values with FUNC.

In Pitch, encoder changes in decimal values by default, in integers with FUNC.

Holding Level/Data down while adjusting the BPM changes it in increments of 8 BPM.

Just checked my boxes, and both M:S and M:C behave the same in these regards.