Who Isn't Doing Ambient/Experimental?

YLVA is pure gold. Also, shoutout to his max4live devices, very useful to start ideas on the Digitone.

9 Likes

And for completeness, the other video from this thread

And https://0daysysex.bandcamp.com/album/granules album.

1 Like

Im not doing ambient with digitone on this album

Braindance/acid/synthfunk/whatever you want to call it

7 Likes

Techno jams from @MilesKvndra

Techno from @DaveMech

And

From @philP (with DT)

From @raysubject (with DT)

5 Likes

Ive got a vision of 1000 sweaty bodies in a warehouse rave. And in a corner somewhere is is a bloke with just a digitone :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent name for a label :sunglasses:

The ambient label would be called ‘Don’t Techno For An Answer’

5 Likes

heh, well, I certainly did a lot of sexy robot drones when I first got my DN but now I’m in a sort of post-punk/synth-pop duo and the DN is my only synth. Doing bass and “keys” and drums on various songs.

1 Like

That’s cool! I didn’t want to give the impression anyone uses the DN wrong at all, it’s just a means of expression, but as I stated, I’m into the groove DN can do, and I’m especially interested in pushing the box as far as it can go by itself, but maybe I’m also masochist who needs therapy. :slight_smile:

haha, no I get it. These machines do tend to encourage certain styles. I mean, I tried to remake “the blade song” as soon as I got the Analogue 4.

Yeah! Great thread. Here is some hardcore/gabber for you:

4 Likes

Judging by my experiences with the machine (and hearing some gabber done on classic FM chips by Hizmi, etc.) the DN is primed to be exploited by gabberheads…keep going!

1 Like

Here’s an old all DN dubstep set that has a fair amount of tearing reesses and wubs (which start about a minute in). I am mostly posting because I was so impressed by your soundbank demos I was hoping some sort of tips/tricks thread could emerge…

5 Likes

I definitely heard a few sounds I didn’t think were doable on the DN…I’m intrigued!

2 Likes

Dude! Fantastic album! Bringing that funkiness. Love it.

2 Likes

@blurrghost Thanks for listening, I am very pleased you enjoyed it.

Great stuff here. I love using my Digitone with my iPad and MPC:

I’ll be sure to check out more of your stuff. That one was just what I needed on a dark snowy morning at work a couple of stories up some scaffolding. Sometimes a hard juxtaposition between setting and music is just required.

2 Likes

There’s a bit of one here:Metallic DnB bass on the DN

1 Like

Pretty much just digitone.

2 Likes