Who Isn't Doing Ambient/Experimental?

I hope this doesn’t come off as mean spirited or condescending, it’s not meant that way at all, but as a digitone owner who loves rave, dnb, breaks, etc. I’m starving to hear folks that use their digitone for sounds other than ambient drones and atmospheric percussion pieces and movie soundtrack vibes. I love aggressiveness and party vibes, etc. Overall, I’ve only found one guy that consistently makes tunes on it that are up my alley (The Janitor), even though he doesn’t feature the digitone much…

So the question is, WHERE’S THE DIGITONE WHISTLE CREW? :slight_smile: Translation: If you know of sick dancy tracks on the digitone only (or paired with an effects box), please share links!

And if there’s not a lot out there, what gives? I came for Michael Bay vibes and everyone’s doing Chris Nolan mood pieces! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, again, props to the Janitor for doing sick dnb on the digitone, here’s my favorite of his digitone jams.

18 Likes

Sick AF

2 Likes

Juicy beats :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Sweet Booby Jesus this thread is going to sell some digitones.

1 Like

Shutup and get a digitone

3 Likes

Sez the guy who does not currently own a Digitone

1 Like

5 Likes

I actually made these two songs entirely on a digitone. Wouldn’t call them experimental or ambient, but some people might disagre

2 Likes

Did you mean Digitakt? There’s vocals in these…

@DaveMech

3 Likes

Synthesizing vocals is one of the top uses of digitone. Expert level

4 Likes

DN on sub duty and some sounds here and there…

Oh, and I’m subbed to the Janitor too;)

2 Likes

YLVA is pure gold. Also, shoutout to his max4live devices, very useful to start ideas on the Digitone.

9 Likes

And for completeness, the other video from this thread

And https://0daysysex.bandcamp.com/album/granules album.

1 Like

Im not doing ambient with digitone on this album

Braindance/acid/synthfunk/whatever you want to call it

7 Likes

Techno jams from @MilesKvndra

Techno from @DaveMech

And

From @philP (with DT)

From @raysubject (with DT)

5 Likes

Ive got a vision of 1000 sweaty bodies in a warehouse rave. And in a corner somewhere is is a bloke with just a digitone :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent name for a label :sunglasses:

The ambient label would be called ‘Don’t Techno For An Answer’

5 Likes

heh, well, I certainly did a lot of sexy robot drones when I first got my DN but now I’m in a sort of post-punk/synth-pop duo and the DN is my only synth. Doing bass and “keys” and drums on various songs.

1 Like