Who else likes to slam the compressor on the DT?

That was probably the best update to the DT (for me) aside from the OB beta. It’s a bit strange in it’s operation, but these days once I get a tracking going I throw that comp to full wet and fiddle till I get a nice pump going on.

1 Like

I do.

“COMPRESSOR?! I hardly KNOW her!”

2 Likes

Despite having a compressor on various other boxes and vsts, DT was the first time i’ve actually realised the benefits as a transformative effect. Really useful for totally rebalancing a track mix into something that is a better version of its uncompressed self.
It’s like beer goggles on a night out!

4 Likes

I love it

1 Like

Currently I find it very nice to introduce just a bit of volume „wobble“ with slow attack/release and a sidechained track as the source. Then turn the track completely silent on the master level.
Still keeps the compressor going, but the source doesn‘t interfere. You lose an audio track, but it‘s very useful in combination with some external synth.

3 Likes

I feel you on that! For the first few months of having the DT all I wanted was to get everything gelled together but I didn’t want to have rely on a VST or external effect. I love the way it squashes everything so we’ll, the filter is great for balancing out the low/high end.

I Love it too. The compressor adds another Dimension. No need for an Analog Heat in the Signal Chain.

i was super hype when the new os version with the compressor hit and it didnt let me down

I would buy a box that was just the comp from the DT…! Just a dedicated digital compressor with a side chain input. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Right?? Add a few more fine details and it would make a great standalone comp!