Who can post their first ever electronic music recording?

Luckily, I started only a few years ago :smiley: First piece of music I made.

6 Likes

Pppffff Id have to hunt through old hard drives, nothing that old probably 2011 ish.

I did a bunch of stuff on tape in the 90s.

2 Likes

i started this thread because i was looking for sh101 sounds on a4 and a 2012 vid from darenager popped up, and it got me thinking…

This utter bollocks from 12 years ago

https://soundcloud.com/mike_e_river/indra-vox

8 Likes

klingon rap? i love it!

The first electronic stuff I did was with a Yamaha keyboard (some cheap FM thing) an Alesis SR16 and a four track tape recorder. All done late at at night around 1996/7.

That shite from 12 years ago was done with Reason 4

1 Like

amazing because it all sounds so clean and current - when i listen to kraftwerk on vinyl it sounds old!!

1 Like

13 years ago, never made any music before, had just discovered Ableton. Absolutely no clue what I was doing, kind of weirdly eclectic, but pleasantly surprised it doesn’t sound half as muffled as some of my later recordings!

8 Likes

I have something already uploaded from when i was 16, so that’s 6 years in from the first stuff i ever did but this was when i got my first proper music kit of my own and was able to more regularly create.

7 Likes

I released this album in 2020, however …

most of the sounds in those tracks are from around 1998 when I was a little Jeanne. For example, the opening motif in “room 02” is a sound on a 80286 PC’s adlib soundcard run into the phono input of an amplifier and then onto cassette, and then sampled back, and then put as song on another cassette. Because that’s all I had. And from those cassettes, I extracted those sounds in 2020 and created this album (and it’s mostly close to the original). So this is the oldest of my music I can offer :wink:

17 Likes

And now I’ve seen your face and my created image of you is ruined.

1 Like

2010 here we go!

6 Likes

love this! machinedrum right?

Really like it !

1 Like

this was the first track that felt like an actual track, back in 2015 when i met my first college gf. i have a “lean like a cholo” remix somewhere in the depths of a hard drive from 2013 but thats some real garbage

2 Likes

You need to say where you got the sample from to avoid copyright infringement. Just so you know in the future. :wink:

1 Like

(The beginning drags a bit, but stay with it) We made this with @Lemajik purely in Reason when we were about 17-18 back in 2003 during one night. I’ve made some EM before, but those are lost to me. The furthest I can remember was making an album on a cassette just using our mouth and silly lyrics with my schoolmates, recorded on a dictaphone. We were probably 8 or 9.

7 Likes

This is the first music I made, used some random tracker on my phone that I found but quickly grew out of.

My first attempt with actual synths (a couple volcas and a monologue).

2 Likes

My first tracks are really spaced out im afraid to share.

1 Like

This is genuinely really good! I came to this thread to revel in the collective embarrassment, not to be delighted and surprised!

2 Likes