Who are some notable Elektron designers?

Beginning to get a little bit into instrument design myself, and started looking into the people who have created some of my favorite instruments. Never even knew about Daniel Hansson until recently (RIP). Looking more into the company, I learned about one of the DN designers, Ess, who’s off doing Fors now.

Who were some notable names in the creation of the Analog series, and the OT? I own a Digitakt and can’t find any names associated with its design.

Otherwise, who are some of your favorite electronic instrument designers? I’ve become a huge appreciator of independent designers like Gotharman, Xavier Hosxe, and Johannes Taelmann (the one who got me into all of this in the first place :laughing:).

1 Like

Why not read the credits in the manual?

4 Likes

I really dig the Human comparator, not that I own any product I just appreciate that persons work!
Apparently he had some dealings with TE modular stuff as well. (Don’t quote me on that though)

https://thehumancomparator.net/

And if you go to the modular world there’s tons of rad designers Emelie of Mutable Instruments being a really notable one…

3 Likes

Why not read the credits in the manual?

That would probably be the place for me to start wouldn’t it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

from page 74:

CREDITS

PRODUCT DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT

Oscar Albinsson
Ali Alper Çakır
Ufuk Demir
Oscar Dragén
Magnus Forsell
Anders Gärder
Fabian Hundertmark
Christer Lindström
Jimmy Myhrman
Jon Mårtensson
David Revelj
Mattias Rickardsson
Martin Sigby

ADDITIONAL DESIGN

Johan Damerau
Thomas Ekelund
Simon Mattisson
Olle Petersson
Cenk Sayınlı

DOCUMENTATION

Erik Ångman

All of them are HEROS!

7 Likes

One of the founders of Elektron: Daniel Troberg!
Now working for Ashun Sound Machines and part of the project team for the Hydrasynth, together with Glen Darcey, who was formerly responsible for the *Brute Synths at Arturia.

Btw. Daniel Hansson and Daniel Troberg were together designing the SIDstation, whose soundchip the 6581 was designed by a team from MOS Technology, which was led by Robert Yannes, who later co-founded Ensoniq!

See how small the synth world really is…

2 Likes

Starting with Bob Moog, Serge Tscherepnin and Don Buchla… they inflluenced many modular synth designers of today. Make Noise Tony Rolando used to work at Moog Inc factory for a while…and you can see this in his module designs. The DPO/STO/0-Coast Oscillator modules have a kind of Moog Voyager Osc design.

I guess they all have waveshapers, but the DPO is a direct homage to the Buchla 259 Complex wave generator. There are other significant differences as well, but I agree Tony was undoubtedly influenced by his time working at Moog.

1 Like

who was it that came up with the chance knob on the Model series??

1 Like

Must give a shout out to @papernoise for the awesome panel designs amongst other great work.

5 Likes

Ooh wow, yeah! The new ones look amazing love the white!

He also designed Chronoblob and Audulus’ UI.

2 Likes

Daniel was the first employee who joined in 1999 a year after the company founded.

2 Likes

who was it that came up with the chance knob on the Model series??

As Peter clarified to me, you can find the credits towards the end of the manuals. This is the Model:Samples credits list. I’m now digging through user manuals for all my instruments.

CREDITS
PRODUCT DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Oscar Albinsson
Johannes Algelind
Ali Alper Çakır
Magnus Forsell
Andreas Henriksson
Jimmy Myhrman
Jon Mårtensson
Viktor Nilsson
David Revelj
Mattias Rickardsson
Martin Sigby
ADDITIONAL DESIGN
Magnus Almberg
Johan Damerau
Ufuk Demir
Ess Mattisson
Karolina Pettersson
Cenk Sayınlı
DOCUMENTATION
Erik Ångman

1 Like

that’s a lot of names :slight_smile: I wish I knew because whomever it was that came up with that single idea, and had the fortitude to see it through on a sequencer that already had conditionals deserves a promotion everyday for the rest of his or her life!!!
And Elektron allowing themselves to be the company that didn’t shoot that idea down and allowed it to become a reality is what sets them apart!!!

1 Like

I’m just happy they marked the price down.

1 Like

really?.. which store?

When the M:S came out it was $399 and the Digitakt was $699, everybody was like :man_shrugging: (myself included). It wasn’t until a few months later that the price dropped, and then most of us realized how amazing it was (and the insane value it presents).

1 Like

@Rusty and @RobertSyrett Huge thanks for mentioning me here! :blush:

3 Likes