Which samples on which tracks?

I know you get LEDS on the step buttons that light up as the pattern is playing, but is there a way of showing tracks that have sequenced steps when you press and hold Func or Trk?
I often forget what track is playing what sample and end up randomly muting parts till I find the track I want to edit… I realise I could just write it down of course or stick to a strict method of always having the same sounds on the trig buttons but that rarely happens when I’m in the pattern making / creative process.
Its just a small thing that I wondered might have a button combo I’ve not come across…

Spookily I think I’ve kind of answered my own question by posting a suggestion on the ‘Feature Request’ thread:
Probably been suggested loads already but I would love it if the the envelope displays would animate when they have an LFO assigned to them.
Same for the levels in the mixer page.
It would really help visually identify a track, especially when you have lots of tracks all playing similar sounds but with different LFO’s… I’m sure the ambient crew would be up for this…

Not really other than the LEDs that you mention. The other way is to enter Grid Record mode (Rec button on) then hold TRK and quickly skip through the tracks by pressing 1-8 (or 9-16 for midi) to see what’s what.

1 Like

Cheers craig, that’s basically exactly the button combo I was after - I didn’t know you could just hold Trk and skip through the tracks. I was pressing Grid Record mode, looking at the steps, exiting Grid Record then selecting the next Trk, entering Grid Record again etc etc !! What an arse.
Had to be a better way and of course there is. Superb.

2 Likes