Which monophonic synth would you pair with DT and DN?

Other options could be: M32 / Granny / 1 complete € voice eg Atlantis/ akemies castle / mfb nanozwerg pro / ++

A lot depends on use case(s) and probably above all: budget :money_with_wings:

I have a NYX and it is fantastic. Sweet spots are not as wide as with the Erebus though, ao if you are looking for classic leads and bass, the erebus iis the simpler, easier-to-dial-in offering. But the NYX is absolutely awesome, Nick from Sonicstate called it the Bladerunner Machine :slight_smile:

The NYX is particularly good for pads and soundscapes. The reverb plays a big role in that. Routing is actually quite flexible (and even complex if you want it to be). If you have any questions re the synth, let me know.

1 Like

Bass station 2.
Most features for the money. Still gets updated

3 Likes

For cheap and good sounding: MAM MB 33 Retro Analog Bass Synthesizer.

Not so cheap: MFB Dominion 1.

Average priced: MFB Dominion Club

2 Likes

Pulse 2 or A4 MKII (which is like 4 additional monos… :))

You should choose a monosynth that has a knob-per-function organization.
This organization allows a different type of instrument workflow and experience than the elektron machines.
If you don’t think this difference is important, you may have just as much fun using one of your DT’s audio tracks.

4 Likes

nobody recommending Bass Station 2?

3 posts up + minimum 2x more. You are reading the thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So I finally got to jam my Novation Bass Station II with my Digitone and it sounds great! It fits in the mix nicely , providing some nice bottom end. The big frequency knob is also great for build ups. Only downside was sending midi notes out to the BS2 from my Digitone, didn’t seem to trigger the Arpeggiator. Am I missing something here?

My Bass Station II as that’s the one I have.

I own the NYX and the Monologue and while I absolutely love the NYX, it is not your average synth. I think the reverb actually overshadows some if it’s ability as I just end up making blade runner type pads because it just adds the Vangelis feel to everything. Like I said it’s amazing and I truly love using it but if were pair my DT with one monosynth it would probably be the Monologue, it has keys , midi and out sounds amazing. I also own a microbrute and a 0 coast… and of them all the 0 coast is my favourite it’s just so flexible. In short if you want keys to play you Electrons with and a mono get the Monologue, if you want a versatile mono get the 0 Coast.

Yep! The AS-1 sounds lovely, has patch storage, and while it’s not very knobby it has a good MIDI implementation that works nicely with the sequencer on the DT, and the free editor is pretty good.

2 Likes

Still a lot of Evolvers out there. Try one out.

Doepfer dark energy :yes:

2 Likes

I picked up the NYX today. Super stoked! Now I’m just gonna go on and sell my house to buy a lot of monome stuff and that Dutch granular sampler. Wow, and people warned me about eurorack but this is equally dangerous! :rofl:

Edit: and of course, my setup can’t call itself complete without the Lyra 8…my girlfriend is gonna leave me if I go on like this.

Make sure you set aside time to learn each piece of gear you have because GAS can become a nightmare where you lose a ton of productivity and spend a lot of cash.

Let us know how you like the NYX, I’m curious about that one. I’m sure it has loads of character!

1 Like

Yup. There should be twelve step programs for it.

Edit: for sure I will. I’m relocating and building a proper studio so it’ll take some time but I’m sure I will be able to demonstrate something evocative.

1 Like

I thinks it’s more aggressive

Something like a sh01a or BS2 will cut through nicely without difficulties.