Which midicontroller should i get

Which midi controller should i get if i want to control my 2 digitones’ volume parameters of all 8 tracks.

No usb midi:

• I want to be able to keep using the usb ports when recording with overbridge.
  • I don’t want to have to invest in some midi host thing for in between when im away from the computer.

The smaller the better, but since im looking for one with real midi out i guess that will be hard to find.

Anyone has some good tips on some smallsized 8 fader midi controller?

recording, but also be able to use it when im away from the computer.

Check faderfox.de controllers

1 Like

FaderFox UC4? Small footprint, 8 vertical faders, can send MIDI by mini jack and can be powered by a USB charger if you don’t want USB-MIDI.

1 Like

See this thread:

1 Like

I know you don’t want to invest in midi host, but this is one of the best solutions IMO. Something like MIO or Roland UM One will convert usb to MIDI from any class-compliant controller.

If you still want to go pure midi to midi way, fader fox or beatstep pro (mini jack midi) are good companions

1 Like

Oh, i didnt know its that cheap (the midi host options you mentionned). Yes i think you are right, opens a lot of options that way.

I realize i have a nanokontrol laying around here, so i just need to figure out how to go from that to the roland um one. Or wait… where does it get power from then…

Just realise i asked the nanokontrol option before Link but got demotivated afterwards.

Midi host it is.
thanks everyone