Which delay pedal? Recommendations from users

Yes it’s the Circuit Mono Station I’m looking for an FX for and the MS-1

it was about 2015 I had the Timeline it just didn’t gel with me, I’m sure it does for others tho. I like the Volante

1 Like

Very cool! It is such a unique and underrated synth. Note that with the Volante, you also get a spring reverb, and everything sounds nicer with a little bit of reverb. Obviously not necessary if you are also planning on adding a reverb pedal at some point, but might be an added bonus.

1 Like

Also this!

Thomann

Ventris and Nemesis got married.

1 Like

Not a delay pedal but said to have some amazing FX for the pricepoint. Unfortunately I don‘t own one (yet).

Maybe worth a consideration?

2 Likes

Nope. All you need is a 2,17€ converter.

Full Midi CC control

5 Likes

Ibanez DM1000.

2 Likes

Holy shit dude great guess!! Actually the DM1100 but they’re essentially identical apart from the longer delay time on the 1100 vs the 1000. One of my favorite pieces of equipment ever. I’m so pumped someone got it!

1 Like

MXR Carbon Copy.
Cheap. Small. Get two if you want stereo. Simple BBD analogue circuitry, with way way less noise than the moogerfooger delay.

3 Likes

Wow, good to know.
(for others, too late for me, I already wasted 100 € on that stupid midibox long ago :smiley: )

1 Like

Another vote for the carbon copy.
Sounds brilliant. Built like tank.
You can also open it up and adjust the trim pot for the lfo to get different rates, nice.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. Coool.
But just realised the op wants midi.

Ibanez dd100?

Edit: crap I just saw the post above where somebody guessed close :confused:

1 Like

This might be too vanilla for your preferences, but TC Flashback 2 is a really good little pedal. It has stereo, three patchable modes and costs not very much.

The Maxon/Ibanez clue gave it away. I’m more of an AD-202 fan for straight up BBD tones (and UE-400 for stereo chorus) but the DM series is pretty sweet with that sample and hold feature and dirt cheap for what you get.

1 Like

If you’re up for something a bit left of field, think about Red Panda Particle. I chose it because I get ‘regular’ delay duties from my Octatrack, and the granular delay on particle goes somewhere different, mangling and re-assembling shards of your input in wonderful ways. I’ve had delay plus ring mod, chorus, bit-reduction out of it, and haven’t come across anything else that sounds like that (which is why I switched my Strymon Timeline for it).
You can hear it at the end of this track I made but there are tons of good demos online. Worth a thought!

4 Likes

Back to the OP - I’d go with the Eventide of those units, but if it’s for desktop use and you have an iPad I’d skip them all and buy a combination of Blackhole, Ultratap, QVox, Discord and/or Dubstation apps. Host them all in Quantiloop and you can have all manner of delayed mayhem with full midi sync.

1 Like

Hi mate yeah I have an iPad and I also have all the Eventide stuff as AU in Logic X it’s just I wanna experiment with some pedals. Today is the day I order at lease 1 pedal… So far it’s the BOSS RV500 and DD500 pair followed by the Source Audio Collider… choices

How about Eventide H9? around the same price as the timefactor but more flexible.

Hi mate,

Yes that looks great however it seems not to have knobs I can tweak in realtime.