Where can I get free Digitakt sound packs?

ok, was looking for that audition function-like on the Octatrack… thanks, little different, I found the page on Elektron how to add sounds to the sound pool, will mess around. thanks for the help.

1 Like

adding samples to a project is different than adding sounds though, just be aware that only “Sounds” can be trig locked with multiple “sounds” on different trigs of 1 single track (like all your drums on one track for example), samples are per track. You can have a track sample and still use sounds on that track though.

1 Like

OK, need to sort that out, but have basic idea what you mean. IE: factory set of drums are one shot sounds on 8 separate trigs, but samples are different and are only on a single trig but can be chopped and spread using start and end of sample basically on the sequencer trigs like the Octatrack…

some reason now I dont see the downloaded legowelts sounds I downloaded, maybe I didn’t actually load them into the DT. I will pick a few sound files and put into a folder and drop into the Elektron Transfer app again.

Um think about it like this. Trigs ARE populated with the factory sounds, but you can just get rid of them and do whatever you want, it’s a blank canvas.

Samples are whatever you’ve loaded, they can be one shots, or they can be long samples of talking or they can be musical notes or drums, they’re all samples. BUT samples can be turned into SOUNDS, I only put it in capital letters because that’s the “language” that describes how they’re saved.

You can edit a sample, and save it as a sound, so if you add reverb and delay and make it shorter than the sample so it’s got a fixed length that is different than the original, you can save it as a sound without having it be destructive to the original sample (you can also do this with any sample unaltered and add them to the sound pool, as long as there are still free slots available in the sound pool). Any sound which you load to the sound pool can then be put on any track, not just the track you’ve assigned it to.

A sample, can be assigned (and manipulated) on only one track, or you could put the same sample on 2 tracks, but you could not put more samples on that track, however, you CAN put more sounds on the track you have assigned a sample to.

So if I have a voice sample that plays once every 16 steps and only lasts for 4 steps in length, then the rest of that track is open doing nothing. Sounds, can be used to populate the rest of that nothing.

1 Like

don’t load them again, they should be there, you are probably in the sound browser and you need to instead go into the sample folder, they aren’t sounds yet. Sounds are the only thing you’ll see in the sound browser

OK thanks, I tried loading just a few again, using the instructions for Sysex, got the wait signal into Sounds Bank B and nothing is showing up-- so I am probably trying to load the Legowelt files into the sounds banks, not the sample folders… where do I find the sample folder?

Try going into the menu by pressing the gear button, then arrow down one spot to samples, press yes, there will be a line representing a folder that says “incoming”, that’s where the samples you loaded will be. Tell me if you find that first, ok? Press yes on the incoming line.

yes, I found it, duh, right under samples…

It’s all good man, everything is a foreign language until you learn to speak it.

1 Like

haha yeah, so I can load right from the samples folder?

Yep, you can move them elsewhere or load them to the project right from there. If you want to back out of that screen to the previous screen you have to hold func and then hit the left arrow, that will bring you back to the previous list.

1 Like

You can highlight a sample, press yes to select it, select all the ones you want, then press the right arrow and select the option that says “load to proj”, you can also move or create a directory.

1 Like

wow, super. thanks, you are genius, really helped.

1 Like

:rofl:

coming back to me a little, Digitakt was my first Elektron back in 2018 I think, then got the others, all a bit similar but different, Sold my Digitone 2nd time, might try to get another if I find one at a good $

1 Like

Digitone is a great piece of kit. I tend to sample Digitone into the DT these days too, DT makes a great arranger in addition to it’s other pluses.

1 Like

There is no such thing as Digitakt sample pack, Any sample pack in wav format will work in your machine. The peculiarity of some product for Digitakt (very few) is that they have pre-prepared scenes (.dprj files): those are very useful for reverse engineering and understanding how to best use the resources. Some packs also have one cycle samples: when looped, they sound like a waveform

1 Like

It may be worthwhile to check this tool out and create specific chains for your project, rather than filling up the Digitakt storage space

3 Likes

I can see how Digitakt is a pretty complete standalone Dawless box- desert island machine messing with some samples on the trigs.

1 Like