Where can I get free Digitakt sound packs?

I just bought another used Digitakt, 2nd time, hope to have a better understanding of it this time (especially the Mutes Modes I struggled with last time). I erased the previous owner’s projects, and reformatted the + Drive. and did factory Reset, so I should only have the Factory song and patterns now.
Where do I find free sound packs I can download? Thanks.

2 Likes

http://legowelt.org/samples/

2 Likes

Thanks, looks like tons there.

sound packs or samples? … theyre 2 x differernt things…

sounds - basically like a preset with the sample, envelope, lfo settings etc etc.
you can use ‘sound locks’
you can use the ‘sound browser’

otherwise , if you are talking samples… the internet is full of them…
the legowelt area is just lots of samples.

2 Likes

you mean Legowelt is sounds…? not samples I just listened to a few, downloading now.

If you go on youtube and search free digitakt soundpack you’ll hit the jackpot my friend. Also check out my post about free sample packs.

I just got 14 free sample packs - ask me how - The Lounge / General Discussion - Elektronauts

1 Like

legowelt are samples.
theyll work on any sampler.

i know i’m being pendantic about the terminology i’m using.
using digitakt ‘sounds’ is different to loading the digitakt with ‘samples’
digitakt ‘sounds’ would only be usable on a digitakt.

2 Likes

Also go to the Elektron homepage and look in the store at packs for Digitakt, there are free ones there as well. I think there’s also a couple free ones on Reverb is you search Digitakt sample pack or sound pack. I remember getting one or 2 there.

thanks. How much can be stored physically on the Digitakt at once, or better to access on a per project, using different assembled sets of sounds and then downloaded to Digitakt and saved with the Project?

I would pick and choose so as not to run out of space, it’s easy to load and unload with transfer but it’s simply not memory economical to think of the DT as a storage device, it doesn’t have sufficient resources and there’s no provision for expansion of internal memory. It can hold plenty to make music, but if you get in the habit of using it as your file folder you will soon be funked.

1 Like

Thanks Shig.

1 Like

No doubt! If you have trouble let me know, but should be pretty smooth sailing at this point.

Check out this search result for the ones available on Reverb if you want to, anything that says free is free.

Reverb Sample Pack | Reverb

Remember Digitakt needs 16 bit 48khz but if you drag and drop samples in the transfer software window it should automatically convert to 16 bit 48khz mono, so it will do the heavy lifting for you.

1 Like

real quick, where do I see the new sounds I downloaded…

Are you on windows or your phone? or mac I guess,

Sorry I always just think PC because I don’t use Apple products.
If it’s windows they probably went to your download folder, you would go to the 3 dots at the upper right of your browser, then in the drop down menu select downloads and when the list comes up and shows the name of the zip file, hover over that and click on the file icon and it should bring up your downloads folder, then you can cut and paste them (the zip or rar files) to a permanent destination folder (just make one called samples or something on your desktop for the purpose of collecting them). You’ll have to unpack them from the zip, so right click and select extract files, then they’ll be in the new folder that unzips.

After you have them in their files, you can use the VLC media player or whatever you use as a media player to preview all the one shots by highlighting “select all” in a folder and then drag into the player window. I usually just make a list of ones that I like or that seem useful, if a whole pack seems useful I just make note of it.

I have a Mac. I used the Elektron Transfer tool and transferred some of the Legowelt sounds, so they are in the Digitakt- just trying to access them on the DT.

Oh ok, got you. Are you in a project currently?

yes, ok I see them in the samples folder.

ok cool you got there first, you can preview them from the list

hold down func + yes on top of a sample name.

Also from the project window you can hold down func and turn the level knob to engage the sound browser list. If you want, after you play with it a bit, if you can’t figure out how to add sounds (to sound lock onto trigs from the sound pool) I’ll tell you how, but it will just overwhelm you right now.

1 Like

ok, was looking for that audition function-like on the Octatrack… thanks, little different, I found the page on Elektron how to add sounds to the sound pool, will mess around. thanks for the help.

1 Like

adding samples to a project is different than adding sounds though, just be aware that only “Sounds” can be trig locked with multiple “sounds” on different trigs of 1 single track (like all your drums on one track for example), samples are per track. You can have a track sample and still use sounds on that track though.

1 Like