Where are the women and non cis males?

Now that is an incredibly disingenuous link to put up. Tone policing? No, I was not doing that. I don’t appreciate the angle you are coming from.

1 Like

You’re kidding right? Your posts about djshiva are textbook tone policing.

9 Likes

No, they are not.

djshiva was in fact, doing her own policing.

2 Likes

djshiva brought instant rage and anger, then predicted the thread would collapse. it did.

1 Like

She came in angry and intense, because there’s clearly a lot to be angry about. If folks are unable to deal with the experiences she brought to the table it’s not her responsibility to sugarcoat them.

7 Likes

djshiva communicated in an aggressive, very aggressive fashion, and spoke more broadly in general terms than about personal experience as such.

i don’t ask djshiva to sugarcoat anything.

the question is not whether “folks” are unable to deal with “experiences”, it is a question of whether this thread derailed into arguments as a result of her instant rage and anger that she brought.

many women would have liked to communicate on this thread but will not due to djshiva’s posts.

3 Likes

wtf is this even

16 Likes

OK. Do you have anything to say about the actual content of her posts though? Or shall we just keep dismissing them because of their angry tone and call it a day?

Edit: Lol I know Void. “Not all men” popped up earlier as well. Nearly got my patriarchy bingo card filled at this point.

6 Likes

(I don’t like so much reboot in movies, but in forum it should be a useful functionality.)

Human relationship and Communication is so complex, and more complicated with people from different countries with each one a certain knowledge of the English language itself.

1 Like

My world has absolutely been included by these various factors.
But it has not been in experienced in mono.

I am male and experience daily privilege that accompanies it. Widening that stereo field. I’ve experienced it in many different cultures as well, each with its own implicit privileges and prejudices.

I don’t have to ask a random group of people who are working construction to ask the person who has been following me for 6 blocks to leave me alone, the way a female friend of mine in SF recently did.

I don’t have to text a friend on a Friday night before I get into an Uber to let them know my location, in case I were to go missing, the way a woman in DC was kidnapped six months ago.

Would you like me to go on?

You are absolutely right to say that my perception is influenced by various factors.

I hope that your quoting of the college rate, life expectancy, and suicide rate isn’t to suggest that institutional oppression of women is in any way negated. What kind of distraction is that?
None of the perils of men that you mention are due to oppression instituted by the other sex.

7 Likes

This forum is cool, populated by men and women.

This forum is wise, silly, lovely, incredibly helpful.

Raging posts are destructive, especially if they are off-topic.

djshiva has baited a few fellows into trying to duke it out amongst themselves as regards perspectives and figures and statistics. I don’t appreciate that.

1 Like

Please kill the metadiscussion and get back on topic. I don’t wanna regret starting this. :sad:

4 Likes

lol re/ metadiscussion

I disagree that any of @thegiantarm’s post were off topic. Wearing my objective moderator hat, I would love to know how, in any way, her posts were not on topic. Please advise - but only over PM…

because, let’s keep this on topic!

2 Likes

if you cannot see, then perhaps hand in your moderator’s crown then.

That was my post. What so I’m sexist? An idiot? Both? Take/judge/keep things in context. Nearly got my ‘superiority complex/holier than thou’ bingo card filler at this point…

1 Like

Not fair. Your repeated personal accusation.

1 Like

This is CIS mindfvck at its finest at work right here

3 Likes

And my dad used to get hit by my mom and when he threatened to call the police she would be like “WHO DO YOU THINK THEY’LL BELIEVE?”

I’ve met many men that were kept away from seeing their children. Men that have had their wives cheat on them, ended in divorce and they lost half their money AND their house.

We can play anecdotal fallacy all day!

6 Likes

I’d be kind of embarrassed/pissed if I was her and all this ‘wow, that real life music making woman actually came and spoke to us about her feelings for 5 posts! Whaddagal!’ Women aren’t so weak that we need to be so easily impressed/grateful for such small things… I don’t think she really said anything most of us didn’t know as obvious already anyway? And seeing as clearly some of the ‘dudes’ here are more passionate about female equality than she is, I’d maybe bring her down off the pedestal that youre defending just a little bit and get things straight instead of this arguing for argue sake, pretty sure no one in this thread is sexist or condoning it? Let’s get back to all just agreeing on that…

6 Likes