Where are the mixers with Stereo Aux Sends?

unfortunately no stereo ins

Playdifferently model 1 has it all!

2 Likes

Yeah, in the end I picked up a Model 1 - its lovely, but very pricey! Itā€™s really dense in terms of controls as well, which I like.

I did have an A&H Xone 96 - the channel layout is a bit weird, but if you ever DJ using Traktor or anything itā€™s brilliant, and for recording having the sound card built in is ace. For studio use the M1 is amazing.

3 Likes

I agree its damn expensive. Hoping someone else makes a similar mixer (in terms of features) that is a bit cheaper!

1 Like

I think the booth out just has the same as the master, but itā€™s got a booth EQ, so you can control how your monitors are, independent of the master out. It couldnā€™t be used as a sendā€¦ However the second headphone cue definitely can be used as a 3rd send - same on the M1 too.

They have done a 4 channel (+ 2 return) version recently - which is nice and compact - but youā€™re still talking pushing Ā£2k for it. Perfect live mixer tho I reckon.

Iā€™ve had a Xone:96 for a while now. Iā€™m using both the monitor and phones 2 outs as stereo extra sends, to AH and AR (for sampling).

Booth out is indeed master doubled. Thereā€™s a plethora of master outs for all kinds of routing and recording: master 1 & 2, booth, record, USB.

Tons of routing flexibility on this mixer. If only they hadnā€™t been so stupid to put the master USB send before the analog master insert! When I use my RNLA compressor on it I have to use another MOTU interface to record it :rage:

Yep, couldnā€™t agree more. I really want a master insert on the Model 1 - but even on the Xone, it was maddening that it was bypassed by the record out - makes zero sense. Reckon that could be modded?

Pfoohā€¦ i guess in theory, yes. Iā€™m not gonna be the one trying that though, even though Iā€™m good with a soldering iron.

The Behringer Xenyx series of analogue mixers have stereo channels (as well as mono) with stereo send and return channels.
Plus, being Behringer, they are cheap.

Think the Behringer might have mono-sends, I could be wrong - stereo returns for sure tho.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re right. Theyā€™re supposed to be closely modelled on the Mackie designs, arenā€™t they? so it would be surprising if they had stereo sends.

If you feed your stereo signal into two of the mono inputs it is possible to use the aux sends in stereo (send one mono input to aux send 1 and the other mono input to aux send 2).

The whole point of this thread is to avoid that double manipulation.

2 Likes

Probably already been said, but rack line mixers often have 1 or 2 stereo send and returns.

Handy if you have a few effects units and space in your rack, as they usually only take 1u, 2u, or 3u

anyone have experience with this on the ZED mixers?

why do you want this? a master insert? (just for me to learn and not buying the model 1 and regretting it after haha)

I donā€™t know the Model 1 or the Xone but a master insert is typically the place to use a compressor, EQ, or other processing unit that will affect the entire mix.

Mono is good.

1 Like

Yup, I got a Xone 96 a couple of months ago, I keep my FMR RNC and my AH on the master out, if I want to record with the AH + compressor I have to plug the AH as a soundcard and get that as my masterā€¦ It really does suck given the price tag, no idea why they would leave the master insert out of the USB out, there is definitely a reason but I canā€™t understand it, haha.

1 Like