When will we see a new elektron product?

I disagree with all of these points (except maybe USB-C although I don’t really care about that)

6 Likes

Please, a sampler without removable storage seems crazy to me. Probably just spoiled from having the option on other samplers but having to use an app tethered to a computer is no fun.

That’s more the Akai’s line

maybe more of a automatic cloud backup of presets/kits/patterns etc

• Touchscreens- HARD NO. I hate touchscreens so much, thats why I buy hardware in the first place. Elektron makes solid machines with good buttons and switches, don’t f*** around with the formula.

• Micro SD Cards- YES, and stream directly from the card in the case of samples.

• USB C- YES

• FPGA- Not really useful unless they are going to make a VA synth, which they shouldn’t.

• Open API / SDK- No, they should focus on their carefully crafted UI and workflow, don’t open the door to all the bozos

• Third Party Integrations- absolutely not, this ain’t no playstation

• SSD drives- would be cool but not necessary

• Bluetooth- hell no, who cares

• Wifi- no way, no IOT surveillance capitalism in my music. NONE!!!

• Cloud based Sample resources- not important, just focus on an easy way to transfer samples to/from your computer.

• MPE- YES

• More than just x8 of anything- probably a good idea, although think of how confusing 16 tracks of sound locks and p locks and probability could be.

6 Likes

so? its 2021 all sample/seq manufacturers are heading this way

I’m so not up for that man ^^

2 Likes

Apparently not Elektron, Polyend and such. It’s not a judgment, just an observation.

:100:

Making music on an iPad is grim compared to an Elektron device with its lovely buttons and encoders. Even a mouse and keyboard combo is massively preferable to a touchscreen device.

11 Likes

touchscreens nooooo0O :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::sparkles:

they need to embrace unlimited lfo’s :partying_face:

9 Likes

FYI the A4 and Rytm already use FPGA for the Digital CV generation. but yeah I pretty much disagree with everything on this list as well lol. SSD would be nice but honestly the way transfer is evolving I doubt the need for much internal storage is going to be necessary though I would def prefer it for streaming from disk to shitty SD cards. CFs are a pain and old as dirt but they work and have speeds that SD is just now starting to catch up to 10 years later.

Yes, they should really just make an LFO box, that will connect via USB and expand the capabilities of all boxes LFO’s to unlimited. Call it the DigiLFO. It kind of rolls off the tongue.

2 Likes