When will we see a new elektron product?

Sept 2020
Oct 2020
Nov 2020
Dec 2020
Jan 2021
Feb 2021
?

It feels like ages, specially if we leave out the Model series which are entry level to compete with the volcas of the world.

I hope we see something Q4 2020

but do we really need one?

20 Likes

I do. Something fresh a la monomachine, octatrack, digitone

2 Likes

I’ve been considering this very thing, now I’ve just finished an album and want a new setup for the next one. I reckon I can ‘get by’ on just one sampler (Rytm or M:S) and Live. So I’m going to try that route for a while.

As for OP’s question, we will see one by 2021 for sure, but when is a matter of how much COVID has screwed things up imo.

2 Likes

Tuesday

27 Likes

I don’t think they’ll update their big boys for a couple more years. And they don’t need updating yet, except for OT, but it’s a whole other story. Right now their product line is kinda perfect. Maybe there will be something new.

All I’m saying is that it’ll be a great gift and a very nice surprise. Because it’s not like they’re not giving us something.

1 Like

Whats fresh about any of those except the digitone still being very new?

1 Like

Whenever it happens, I’m certain that Octatrack users will be pleased.

20 Likes

I really think the last years have been pretty slow, other companies have been on a roll.

Moog: grandmother, matriarch, one
DSI: prophet x, sequential pro
Waldorf: quantum, iridium
Black corporation: deckard, xerxes, kijimi
Arturia: micro freak, the new poly
Novation: peak, summit
Behringer: all the clones

Elektron: the model series, feels short from the company that brought us the monomachine, octatrack, a4, digitone

Is not a rant, but I miss that edge that I know Elektron is the only one that can deliver, but it has been too long since I have been excited and miss the feeling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fresh ideas when they came out

1 Like

Have you played ANY of the Model series?
They are top notch Elektron boxes at a discount price, built like a tank too.

No one has made a hardware mixer mainly analog that can route channels like Ableton and has a lot of “stereo” sends and returns, with an on board multi track sequencer.

Elektron could take the best of all of thier effects, and make a “Scene Machine”
2 Ins 1 master out.

For gawd sakes would someone please make a hardware version of the Finger
Or a decent vocoder thats affordable

8 Likes

DT and DN were only 3 years ago.

5 Likes

We don’t want Elektron to be like korgs and rolands — constantly trying to deliver new toys to the public. They build instruments, instruments serve you for decades.

20 Likes

All I want is cupholders.

Is it too much to ask for a pair of fucking cupholders?!

21 Likes

I would love to see elektrons take on granular, a big request from people around this forum.

The mixer, the effects box, personally not so interested, but losds of love for that in the forum

Personally I would love to see a synth, 2020 take on digital (2020 monomachine :)), hybrid, something :slight_smile:

6 Likes

YEP, I dont need an OT MKIIIIIII, I just need my MKI to work for decades.
Same for 98% of my gear

7 Likes

Is it ever about need???

3 Likes

Yes.

I need cupholders.

12 Likes

Yes, lots of the time.
I NEED to finish this record, and I NEED a few specific things to make that happen