When will Octatrack MKI users get the new firmware?

Is it going to be this week? Seems weird that there’s a delay now that the new machine is shipping. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it looks a bit unfair — all that frills. There are also suspicions that this one OS will be the only one that is compatible with mkII because OT mkII has its own support section.

I think all things considered you have to just be patient, then grateful when a company does something like this.

6 Likes

When the Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars…

8 Likes

:grin: The kids have no idea what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

Well one thing is for sure then…when it does arrive it wiil be the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

4 Likes

Just long enough for us to give up all hope then whoomp there it is :scream_cat:

It’s not that weird - they’re happy with it in the MK2 but haven’t finished testing it with the MK1

1 Like

More likely than not just fixing unexpected bugs in MKI.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Have you tried operating your Octatrack with a blindfold? It’s a good way to emulate random trigs when you don’t know if you are turning trigs on or off.

16 Likes

Can’t wait to let the sunshine in. The sun. Shine in.

3 Likes

The Octatrack and Conditional Trigs =
MI0000693396

5 Likes

I have sympathy and trust abounding that the elektron folks have worked hard and will get this out to people and when it gets here there will be a Mystic crystal revelation

It’s like waiting for a new piece of gear you ordered from Thomann on a Tuesday afternoon. A piece of gear you really would want to have delivered before the weekend because you have an upcoming gig that is not at all dependent, but surely would benefit from that specific piece of gear. You know in reality that it should be able to reach you before the weekend, but at the same time you remember how disappointed you have been on earlier occasions when it was delivered on the Monday instead.

These kind of news really brings out the impatient child in you doesn’t it…?

Maybe. My son doesn’t know the difference between a month, a week or an hour. I do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

after the first bug fix for the mk2?

4 Likes

That’s when i reckon it’s gonna happen.

Seems logical. OS 1.31, we are waiting for you. :thup:

1 Like

has anyone been stupid enough to try and take the OS from a mk2 unit and drop it into their mk1? the Octatrack hilariously allows direct OS update from unit to unit via MIDI