When using M:S as midi sequencer, best idea to have no internal sound?

I have my M:S connected to my Nord Drum 3P (amazing paring BTW, I wish these two Swedish hotties, Nord and Elektron would do a collab… Like a Model:Nord… Paint it red, and have, hands down the BEST drum synth and sequencer combo EVARRRR)… anyway…

I don’t want to do something like turn down volume on midi tracks, so the best I can come up with is to load a silent sample to midi tracks… Am I missing a better idea? I don’t see an option to have a per track audio on/off switch…

Thanks!

In the Setting, go to Audio, then Trk out. Tap a pad to disable/enable sending audio out for that track.

That’s global though… Thing is, I don’t want to always have it one way or the other… Some patterns will be using samples from M:S, some midi to Nord…

Seems like the empty sample thing is prob. my best bet…

It’s weird that midi out is per track AND can be set per pattern, but audio out is global/universal…

Hmm. In that case, the only other thing I can think is to hard pan your midi tracks and only use one of the outs, but that has its own limitations. Your silent sample sounds like a decent workaround.

Might be worth sending a feature request to feature-request@elektron.se ?

Track mute? Does that still send midi?

I wrote a long reply on that then deleted it after realising my mistake, which was: track mute stops the sequencer sending notes. It doesn’t stop audio.

1 Like