What's your TECHNO setup

Welcome to the community @noan1— great looking kit there. Well done. Love to hear some of what you produce out of that. I’d love an xone mixer— people say the effects make it an instrument (DB4 anyway).

Don’t really know much about techno. Except sometimes I dance around the house whispering “n-t-n-t-n-t-n-t”.

3 Likes

Yo! We’re kinda in a similar boat. I like the MBase11, but if I had to I think I could just use samples in the OT for kicks. Had a TD-3 and replaced it with the DB-01 (can deviate from the 303 sound, thought he TD3 is excellent for the classic sound). Might have to add it back in for some polymeter bleeps. Just added the DN, and the Impact. On the fence with the Impact, but I like having analog drums to mix with digital samples. FMR RNL could do without if had to, but it just gets things to level and keeps it tamed. Also, had a Source Audio Collider, but found that I could do just fine with the OT onboard FX. You gotta get a Analog Heat or a Boum! I have an MPC Live, but couldn’t get along with the step sequencer for technos. For boom bap it’s great.

What you use the X for mainly?

7 Likes

Mostly use the X for sampling mate it’s the best out there IMO.

I have the MBase and MBrane 11’s and I just wish there was other little modules out there that just did claps/hats would have been great if Jomox had released like a cymbals module or something in the same form as the other 2.

Been searching online everywhere to find stuff that does this in pedal format or the same as the Jomox boxes with no luck… only way I can find how to do it is get Eurorack drum modules but that’s way expensive. Don’t need another drum machine so it’ll be samples n stuff for me but the DT will control MBase and MBrane I just love the sound.

1 Like

i love the way that these two filthy animals are talking to each other

Add any Elektron machine for drums and you’re ready for some techno :smiley:

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Strymon Deco

Had that poster dude! Sepultura / Deicide / Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse … listened to then a lot in my teenage years and saw them live a few times. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It’s not me, but I love this guys approach:

He has many jams online, with 1 or 2 drum machines plus 1 or 2 synths. Not elektron but very entertaining.
8 Likes

It works really good for my techno jams
18 Likes

Like it.
Raw.

Nice :slight_smile:

Pissed off the AR2 doesn t come in black? :wink:

3 Likes

Totally.
Pissed they made the MK2’s in that enlarged angled case too. Totally inappropriate. :slight_smile:

Like that Tech-housey vibe you got there. nice :heartpulse:

1 Like

rytm

My Techno Setup RN. Processing some of the Rytms tracks via the individual out -> eurorack and from the Eurorack mixer back into the rytms external ins.
Keeps the setup fun and compact :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So …Rytm + some Drummachine = Instant Techno?

If i had to i d keep just the rytm. Techno just by itself.

7 Likes

Same for me. Had a couple of Samplers/ Drummachines before.
Rytm is techno in a box IMO

3 Likes

I had all the mk1’s and MD, but honestly find the mk2 form factor to be much nicer to use. I guess fitting the mk2’s into a case is the main issue? Get a bigger case?

1 Like

Octatrack and Eurorack=savage techno setup!

11 Likes