What's your TECHNO setup

thx. No its a kind of cheap but light Magma Case XXL Plus.

1 Like

my Setup in kind of action :wink: !

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thx, glad you like it! :slight_smile:
PCM2612 is a lovely freeware bitcrusher plugin.
The idea for this track was to have this one note droning pad sound right from the beginning and morph it (using automation, filters and this lovely bitcrusher) into an Analog Keys sample I threw into Granulator 2. You hear the granularized AK coming in at 5:34.

1 Like

Cool! Are those dual 16n Faderbanks?

Had some modules in a closer, so I put this case together. Using it with the OT and Boum.

Sounds like this:

10 Likes

My trusty friends. Off to the right is where my AK sits. Really happy with this set-up. The SH-01a is a perfect swap out for the Digitone or my TD-3 when in need of a tiny bit of acid (microdose?). I unplug the Komplete Kontrol M32 most of the time. Plug it in when I want to play VST’s (I finally upgraded to Komplete 13 this year at sale time). The OT is the ruler of the house and the Monomachine plays along perfectly. The OT and the MnM seem to have similar and complementary workflows. Almost like they were made for each other.
My newest piece is the RME Babyface, which has made recording stems a breeze. And having an easy way to record things out quick is an amazing thing. If I had a newer 8-16 core computer, the limit with this set-up would be endless. Even now, I use one instance of Kontrol and an audio channel for recording stems, and I have no real noticeable latency in Bitwig. Game Changer.
I mean if I were looking at this 5 years ago, I would’ve been drooling. Blessed for sure.
Music coming soon.

9 Likes

Yes, they are controlling each Overbridge track in Ableton.

This thread has answered itself.

27 Likes

I never thought the thread would last more than a few days before fading away when I started the topic but it has some very interesting setups. I love seeing what people are using in their “TECHNO” setups :+1:

4 Likes

What’s those two units on the top? And is everything going thru the OT?

For me now; Typhon and Digitakt going into my new Black octatrack (sold grey, this looks sweeeet but my stand was built for DT/DN)
Got a Volca FM as well, but looking to switch for a small poly module (MicroMonsta/preenfm3) hopefully I can add a poly without needing to buy a mixer, probably have to route it directly into my focusrite.

10 Likes

Acid Box 3 from Erica Synths is providing Saturation and analog Limiting on the Master. The Doctor A FX Box works as a send FX for OT. Everything runs thru OT. Signal from OT into AB3 and then into the PA Mixer. OT is Used more as a performance Mixer + Looper for Transitions

1 Like

Careful with the Nord Drum 2. Mine fell off the back of my piano. Cost me £80+uk to get it repaired.

1 Like

Jamming with my buddy yesterday

10 Likes

New studio in the attic. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I am moving soon to a new home build, and broke down my Techno studio room last night for the fast approaching date. Below is a picture of the most recent setup:

I purchased a Behringer Wasp Deluxe a few months ago, and like it more than anticipated. The said outcome led to the purchase of other Behringer synths, and the most recent setup put them to use as an experiment. Below are the items on the keyboard rack:

• Arturia KeyStep 37
  • Behringer K-2
  • Behringer Model-D
  • Behringer Pro-1
  • Behringer Wasp Deluxe
  • Korg Minilogue XD module
  • Modal Argon8M
  • Modal Cobalt8M
  • Native Instruments Maschine+
  • Pioneer DJ Toraiz SQUID
  • Pioneer DJ Toraiz SP-16
  • Vermona Mono Lancet '15

When this studio room is re-setup, almost all of the instruments and some of the case effects will be swapped out for other options that I already own. My typical Techno setup includes 5 mono synths, 3 poly synths, 1 drum machine, and 1 groovebox, and things are always changing to keep it interesting.

In the meantime, my Elektron Dark Trinity MKII will suffice for Techno music creation until life is back to normal:

17 Likes

I have rerouted this; super dope way imo and not sure why I didn’t think of it:
Typhon into Digitakt
Digitakt into OT
Focusrite second outs into OT, send in Ableton into OT; I can sample every sound my daw makes in a second…

S/O Kenny Zhao.

3 Likes

love and respect to Kenny for schooling me on the OT

1 Like

Only parts of my setup changed, incl simplified signal routing via OT, and I really have been liking it like this.

Rytm:

• Rytm is central, all individual outs going through A&H Mixwizard. I can just fire the Rytm up if I want to have a quick jam on it solo.
  • Mixwizard aux sends going to DIG, BAM, and an out of frame second H9.

Second group on my desk consists of:

• DB-01 going into OT (fx, potential to record loops)
  • Small modular with Noise Engineering LIP, via H9, going into OT (fx, potential to record loops).
  • OT (with DB01 and Modular) stereo out into Mixwizard. I had them all on their own mixer channels but I found I like the simplicity more like this, no fuss when I want to record a loop from DB01 or Modular, and less mixer channels to keep an eye on.
  • All clocked by Rytm; or when that’s not on, and I want to just play with the modular, clocked by OT.

21 Likes

Sweet, looks inviting for oontz oontz!! Plenty of tasty effects too, mmhhmm :drooling_face:

I assume the mixer is somewhere outside the picture; how are you working with it? Is it just for set-and-forget channel summing or are you doing eq or aux tweaks too? I imagine it might interrupt the flow a little if you have to reach somewhere outside the main ‘corner’ for some reverb throw or something.

Never really gelled with… spreadsheet’esque mixers for freeform techno.

1 Like