What's your TECHNO setup

just short clips on instagram, I’m still figuring it all out, as you can see, quite complex. Just the other day i figured out how to get the NDLR to send it’s midi to 4 diff channel on the MC707. Will be sharing more as I get more familiar and better at navigating this space ship.
started with the Octa template you can download from the forum. Gonna change the knobs to high pass low pass and resonance, I think.

LCXL is JUST for the OT

1 Like

Cool… what are you using to connect the LCXL to the Octatrack?

My techno setup is… well the same as my experimental, ambient, acoustic, industrial, turntablism, err whatever I want when I want to do it. OTmk2, either my Sub Phatty or Minibrute, a Korg Kaoss pad 2 mini, and a cheap behringer 4 channel mixer with efx channel. And just a crap ton of samples from God only knows where at this point, and all of my recordings I’ve made over the years on the CF card in my OT. Been a while since I’ve listened to some proper techno, but I work with it everyday at my job… well the company is called Techno but it’s really just plastic pellets. But I like razzing my boss whenever he says we’re getting some techno in today and start doing that that kick/hat, yeah you know what I’m talking about :laughing:

2 Likes

iConnectMIDI4+ i can’t believe they discontinued it, highly recomended, they still support it, can find on reverb or ebay. if you have 4 midi boxes and a usb controller or 3 it’s perfect!

Like the octatrack, it takes quite a bit of setup, becase the routing options are intense…

2 Likes

Arrival of a DFAM brought a bit of change…

5 Likes

My Setup looks like this at the Moment . This one is more for drums , atmos and breakbeat loop playback . Modular of a friend is router thru the OT when we jam together . I’m planing a modular rack for synth sounds etc .

12 Likes

Was already a little warmed up from doing video stuff for work, so I thought I’d film something.

Kind of inspired by the thread I tend to overcrowd my techno until it’s way too busy, hahaa

8 Likes

Pelican case? Looks nice

Nice

1 Like

Now that I finally got my Rytm, this my dream team techno setup. Octa, Rytm, + mono synth and fx. Soo much fun! Also looks ace. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Btw, may I sneak this track in here? First one done with the Rytm. Dual VCO is the shit! :wink:

11 Likes

What is this mono synth? Looks interesting.

Shruthi XT. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the bitcrushed synth sound around 4-5 mins in!! :space_invader:

1 Like

thx. No its a kind of cheap but light Magma Case XXL Plus.

1 Like

my Setup in kind of action :wink: !

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thx, glad you like it! :slight_smile:
PCM2612 is a lovely freeware bitcrusher plugin.
The idea for this track was to have this one note droning pad sound right from the beginning and morph it (using automation, filters and this lovely bitcrusher) into an Analog Keys sample I threw into Granulator 2. You hear the granularized AK coming in at 5:34.

1 Like

Cool! Are those dual 16n Faderbanks?

Had some modules in a closer, so I put this case together. Using it with the OT and Boum.

Sounds like this:

10 Likes

My trusty friends. Off to the right is where my AK sits. Really happy with this set-up. The SH-01a is a perfect swap out for the Digitone or my TD-3 when in need of a tiny bit of acid (microdose?). I unplug the Komplete Kontrol M32 most of the time. Plug it in when I want to play VST’s (I finally upgraded to Komplete 13 this year at sale time). The OT is the ruler of the house and the Monomachine plays along perfectly. The OT and the MnM seem to have similar and complementary workflows. Almost like they were made for each other.
My newest piece is the RME Babyface, which has made recording stems a breeze. And having an easy way to record things out quick is an amazing thing. If I had a newer 8-16 core computer, the limit with this set-up would be endless. Even now, I use one instance of Kontrol and an audio channel for recording stems, and I have no real noticeable latency in Bitwig. Game Changer.
I mean if I were looking at this 5 years ago, I would’ve been drooling. Blessed for sure.
Music coming soon.

9 Likes